Overstepping their authority.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree 110% But I know they are watching or hearing everything that goes on over the net ! SOOOOOOOO maybe a little caution might be in order!

That or maybe they will get the message that they are overstepping their legal bounds.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I was being very conservative in my comment..............

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm guessing since this story is from July "they" have already watched or heard. It is AMRA and their supporters who are beating this drum and it's been very public .

I really have to wonder how much truth there is to this "story"? No ticket, no proof, no names or places and a picture of part of a small highbanker that obviously wasn't used to highbank where it was photographed. The dirt on the feed box is a nice touch though. All this from an organization that is known to create their own fake news.

AMRA promised to follow up on this supposed event back in July:
We are demanding a meeting with DFW. This is not just infuriating, it is dangerous, illegal and violates an American citizens civil rights.
We will keep you posted on this very important and alarming case here in California.

But then again they also asked for your money to help them:
Please consider making a donation to AMRA, or joining as a member so we may continue this fight for our very rights.
I'm guessing you didn't send enough money? :cat:

Of course less than a month earlier they posted an almost identical story and promised to keep readers updated on that process:
We have the name and number of the LEO and will be having a “chat” in the morning, then escalate this up the ladder to sources we will not name here yet. We have much more information and will give a more detailed update as soon as we are able.

Shannon is a good speaker. There are several people who support AMRA. Other than that and a reeeely neet prospecting club I'm still waiting to see what AMRA is going to do for miners. At this point it's starting to look like a bunch of claims and a bunch of believers with no real direction or purpose.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What I have heard about AMRA is along the lines you describe..... Not very encouraging ...Seems they just want your money.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm guessing since this story is from July "they" have already watched or heard. It is AMRA and their supporters who are beating this drum and it's been very public .

I really have to wonder how much truth there is to this "story"? No ticket, no proof, no names or places and a picture of part of a small highbanker that obviously wasn't used to highbank where it was photographed. The dirt on the feed box is a nice touch though. All this from an organization that is known to create their own fake news.

AMRA promised to follow up on this supposed event back in July:

But then again they also asked for your money to help them:

I'm guessing you didn't send enough money? :cat:

Of course less than a month earlier they posted an almost identical story and promised to keep readers updated on that process:

Shannon is a good speaker. There are several people who support AMRA. Other than that and a reeeely neet prospecting club I'm still waiting to see what AMRA is going to do for miners. At this point it's starting to look like a bunch of claims and a bunch of believers with no real direction or purpose.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Heavy Pans

Been 5 years and still can't figure out what they are about? Maybe another 5 and something other than fundraising may come from these frauds. No doubt Shannon is a good speaker most conman are good with thier forked tongues. Funny thing I never met a miner worth their salt that supports amra. AMRA IS A ENEMEY to the mining community and liars to boot. AMRA is Shannon and it's how he makes his living . Activism for cash is a pathetic way to live . Over a half of million in donations raised and that's bein conservative. And yet not even Rinehart lawyer paid for, despite AMRA bein number one financial supporter. Or at least they claim.. ask for proof they will talk circles around you but never seem to have any proof to anything they claim. Send your money support Shannon and friends .But make no mistake u ain't doin **** for the mining community by supporting AMRA

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing I never met a miner worth their salt that supports amra. AMRA IS A ENEMEY to the mining community and liars to boot. AMRA is Shannon and it's how he makes his living . Activism for cash is a pathetic way to live . Over a half of million in donations raised and that's bein conservative. And yet not even Rinehart lawyer paid for, despite AMRA bein number one financial supporter. Or at least they claim.. ask for proof they will talk circles around you but never seem to have any proof to anything they claim. Send your money support Shannon and friends .But make no mistake u ain't doin **** for the mining community by supporting AMRA

Once again Victor, bashing miners... Brandon Rinehart supports AMRA, and you say that he's not worth his salt... Is he collecting food stamps and living off of the government handouts like you? Once again, please pass the salt...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen a lot of people here support the guy who had the way over priced vortex sluice, it wasn't long after he said we would see it in action on the Bering sea gold show which I pointed out was only being used as a clean up sluice that he went out of business. I'm sure at least one guy that was on here got something for giving him good reviews.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I seen a lot of people here support the guy who had the way over priced vortex sluice, it wasn't long after he said we would see it in action on the Bering sea gold show which I pointed out was only being used as a clean up sluice that he went out of business. I'm sure at least one guy that was on here got something for giving him good reviews.

Not sure this has anything to do with the original subject. I do know the inventors brother was shilling the sluice for a while but he hasn't been on this or any other forum I know of for years. I know sgfda (Frank Augustine Legend of the Superstitions) was a big supporter but I don't think he got anything. What Tnet member was getting something for good reviews?

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed I seriously doubt I'm bashing miners more like activists. But I forget these days . Makes no difference what's real or true these days. Men are women these days and activist are miners. And I look at the stars and dream so I guess im a astronaut.

Sent from my SM-J327V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show was a comedy I could only watch a few before I had to quit watching, I had at first thought it might be a real show but that quickly faded.
Not sure this has anything to do with the original subject. I do know the inventors brother was shilling the sluice for a while but he hasn't been on this or any other forum I know of for years. I know sgfda (Frank Augustine Legend of the Superstitions) was a big supporter but I don't think he got anything. What Tnet member was getting something for good reviews?

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That show was a comedy I could only watch a few before I had to quit watching, I had at first thought it might be a real show but that quickly faded.

About as real as all the other "gold" shows. Frank has some peculiar ideas but no more than many folks on these forums. I don't watch any of the gold or treasure shows but that's just my personal preference. Frank's not a bad guy and people should be able to entertain themselves however they want. Live and let live.

So what does any of this have to do with the original post about some story about what might have happened on some river in California 3 or 4 months ago? Besides the fact that Legend of the Superstitions and the AMRA story both rely on people believing something with no evidence? No offense but I'm just not getting your point?

Heavy Pans

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you talking about the Gold Well sluice? The patent was stolen by a partner, then that stolen patent was repatented in Canada and it's still being sold under another name. The Canadian sluice was on bearing sea gold, and Yukon gold among others. Once again this has nothing to do with the topic and you're trying to blow smoke that isn't there.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds like they ARE the authority there in Cali haha.
The miners of the old days would have showed up to dredge like the men they were but the modern Cali miners don't have that in them I can see. They all have to go to work on Monday and watch football, and rights are real nice until you have to actually do something. Those forest police are scary and meeen.
Good thing George Washington wasn't a dredger from California. He would have tried sniveling the British from America!
Wipe your noses and sack up you snow flakes!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed

I have spent almost a decade prospecting fulltime... I have yet to find my fortune. Some years are better then others.. But ill tell you this I'm with it for life. And I hold certain values that have and will never waiver. I will be finding my fortune in the ground and not by selling other people theirs.. So yes I have needed assistance on occasion and yes in some ways the government has provided it and in others my family.. What off it? speak plain!
almost a decade I have lived breathed and survived by gold.. And never quit. . Now you want to bust my balls ? how about you putting my claims to rest? prove me wrong? or is that the extent of your privy? Honestly Reed go ahead try to shame me anyway that suits you . Pardon me if I misspeak... that was what you were trying to do? shame me for food stamps?
It would be nice for you to wield your distaste against my opinions with counter facts instead off personal jabs.. I suppose we can only use whats in our arsenal .

Anyway no worries.. not sure if you doin any mining this year but if you do manage to get out I wish ya good gold..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have talked down on those who aren't doing it for a "wage"

used it as a classification of worthiness to be called a prospector

Yet, you don't make a "wage"

It has been obvious for a long time and it makes your comments about what others do and the level of prospecting they partake in more than a little hypocritical.

Pretty much uncalled for...I'm not talking about the AMRA bashing either.

You have set your self above others here for years because of the amount of time you put in and the fact that your woes are based on the fact that your doing this for a "wage"

Though your not. you are no different than any other prospector who goes out looking for gold. I have a family of with four mouths to feed bills to pay. I raise a bunch of my own food with roots and feets. I put my own meat in the freezer and I spend a solid eighty to one hundred plus days on my claim and exploring other areas...though that's rare these days as my claim(s) are good and close. My claim work is getting more focused from sampling to working certain areas completely.

Yet, you have made it a point to talk down on me and people like me.

Sorry, Reed didn't speak plain enough...but, that is what he was trying to get you to understand...

You have said that for you it "ain't a job it's a lifestyle"

For me and many others its the same thing. Maybe you should spend a little less time calling other people out based on your comparison of them to you!!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed

I have spent almost a decade prospecting fulltime... I have yet to find my fortune. Some years are better then others.. But ill tell you this I'm with it for life. And I hold certain values that have and will never waiver. I will be finding my fortune in the ground and not by selling other people theirs.. So yes I have needed assistance on occasion and yes in some ways the government has provided it and in others my family.. What off it? speak plain!
almost a decade I have lived breathed and survived by gold.. And never quit. . Now you want to bust my balls ? how about you putting my claims to rest? prove me wrong? or is that the extent of your privy? Honestly Reed go ahead try to shame me anyway that suits you . Pardon me if I misspeak... that was what you were trying to do? shame me for food stamps?
It would be nice for you to wield your distaste against my opinions with counter facts instead off personal jabs.. I suppose we can only use whats in our arsenal .

Anyway no worries.. not sure if you doin any mining this year but if you do manage to get out I wish ya good gold..

It's 2 different ways of looking at things I guess Vic. All of my income comes from my mining that I did in the past, I retired in 2011 and Karen and I live full time from my mining income and now a days travel extensively. We've been in our trailer full time since we picked it up in February and have been all the way across the US this year. None of my income comes from the government and never has. Truly, the way I look at it is simply, a real miner makes his own living and doesn't take hand-outs from the guv. I'm not meaning to come across as your not a miner, but is your monthly income based on the gold that you find, or the government assistance that you get? You should choose one or the other, are you a miner or a welfare recipient? When you choose to get the gold, and forget the guv assistance, and are paying your own way completely from your mining, then you are a full time miner. In California these days, it's tough with everything anti-mining and most of the American River being shut down from commercial mining completely. It wasn't that long ago that I was pulling an ounce a day off of the American, but still that's been since before dredging was outlawed. I just paid my mining income taxes again yesterday, I have to pay them quarterly and it's that's the life that I chose.
Are you a miner? Yes. But are you actually a full time miner? A person who depends soley on his own mining income? Only you know that answer :)
To me there's a big difference between the 2 and yes, in my eye's, you are a gold miner, a darn good one at that.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen end it or I will, cant be any clearer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread