Help with Jet log sizes

AUAlaska

Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recently got a lot of dredge parts and want to build my first 6" dredge. I'm missing some parts and want to order them and build the dredge to take to my claim this spring. I got 2 GX270 9hp Hondas with 4x3 keene pumps. I did not get a 6" jet log tho, my question is should I get a jet log with two 3" jets or two 2" jets and reduce from my 3" pumps down to 2"? I see keene sells both logs. My thinking is keep it 3", easier pluming. Any help would be great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AUAlaska

Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, guess I'm on the wrong forum. Though someone would say Oh you need to neck down to 2" to increase pressure or stay 3" the log reduces it or.. I'll call keene.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3" logs, the one with 2" logs is for twin p280's or p180's the jets are tuned to the engine pump combination.

the other question would be "standard" or "over size" jet most of the newer jet flairs take the over size
with the bullet that's glued on to the suction hose, older ones or crash box style take the standard jet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AUAlaska

Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you winners58, that is the way I thought it worked.

OP
OP
A

AUAlaska

Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3" logs, the one with 2" logs is for twin p280's or p180's the jets are tuned to the engine pump combination.

the other question would be "standard" or "over size" jet most of the newer jet flairs take the over size
with the bullet that's glued on to the suction hose, older ones or crash box style take the standard jet.

Good certification on the standard/oversized, I'm familiar with that part. I have a friend who has two 6" dredges who told me to buy the log with two 2" jets, I new that did not sound right at all. I think he must be running P280's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread