Keene Mini Max vs Gold Hog mini

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So pretty much similar weight. If the pump weighs 20lbs and you want to run 4 hours (which my smaller battery will easily do) 4 gallons of gas @ 6.3lbs each =25.2lbs
so appox 45 lbs.
I wonder what the cost would be to charge the battery, vs the cost of the four gallons of gas.

The tank is 0.2 gallons and it runs for 54-55 minutes full throttle, which is more than necessary for the Piglet. It’s more of a 60% throttle affair depending on your hose length, type, lift, etc. Even at full throttle, one gallon lasts 4.5 hours, and that’s way too much water for the length of hose I use.

My Optima D51 lasts 45-60 minutes on a charge and weighs 26 lbs.

My Honda WX15T lasts 5.5-6 hours on one gallon of fuel and weighs 27 lbs if I were to actually bring that much fuel with me. It’s enough to run around eight yards (16,000 lbs) of dirt.

I use both methods to power mine and do want to get a much bigger battery for when I don’t have to hike, but still want to stay quiet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panman

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tank is 0.2 gallons and it runs for 54-55 minutes full throttle, which is more than necessary for the Piglet. It’s more of a 60% throttle affair depending on your hose length, type, lift, etc. Even at full throttle, one gallon lasts 4.5 hours, and that’s way too much water for the length of hose I use.

My Optima D51 lasts 45-60 minutes on a charge and weighs 26 lbs.

My Honda WX15T lasts 5.5-6 hours on one gallon of fuel and weighs 27 lbs if I were to actually bring that much fuel with me. It’s enough to run around eight yards (16,000 lbs) of
dirt.

I use both methods to power mine and do want to get a much bigger battery for when I don’t have to hike, but still want to stay quiet.

Someone needs to invent a battery/pump combo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions