Finally finished some dredge parts for my friend Lycof.....

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love building stuff so I made a 4 and 6 jet eductor for my 2.5" dredge then 2 years later met Leo who is building a 3" dredge so I made another one, this one had me going for a while. The 1st version I built I didn't like, so I started over and did it right.....it will be a while before I build another.
I need better tools like a lathe, tig, mig and DC capable welder, a plasma cutter, a full set of metal cutting hole saws, drill press and a bigger shop....and......
I'm getting tired of making do working with bear skins and stone knives.
DSCF0008.jpg
Built with a homemade metal chop saw, Lincoln buzz box, 1/2" hand drill, 4-1/2" angle grinder and a lot of time and sweat.
I can't wait to see what it can do :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Nice looking device you made there Mike! I've got all the tools you need for that BUT I'm to beat up to do it anymore! It's only a short plane ride to my place ! Come on over and we could get-r-done ! Beer / lunch will be on me!

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Mike! I am excited to get it all hooked up. I now see how you were saying that I could 3D Print some different jets for it. I have a couple ideas that i will run by you, as soon as I can figure out how to describe what I can see in my head. I can create a blank slate just my hitting that UHMW with a micrometer, then put whatever kind of holes I want in it. I may just have to create the main one that I am thinking of and show it to ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions