Need to buy a Honda crankshaft

Armitage

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

I used the search function and found nothing useful for my question.
Searched in google and found mostly China scrap and car crankshafts.

Well, I got a used Honda gx160 and a Keene p180.
But the crankshaft isn’t matching.

Is there a shop that sells online matching crankshafts?
Can’t go to a shop in the us. Live in a foreign country.

Thanks

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one you want is the Honda GX160-TX2 for non-honda waterpumps
a new one; Honda GX160-TX2 5/8" Threaded Shaft 5.5 HP Engine
might find a shortblock ready to go or part sellers;
the crankshaft for the gx120, gx160 & gx200 are the same
just need the one for the TX2 for non-Honda pump and not the one for the Japaneses market
from a parts store; https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hen/50947f83f8700230ac8ced41/crankshaft
to get the right one you would need the full model like GX160K1, GX160U1, GX160UT2 See full list
make sure to call and talk to a real person to get the right part.

different engines that will work if you can find a supplier to ship to your country;
Kohler command pro https://www.ebay.com/itm/6hp-Kohler...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
My favorite is a Brigg's https://www.ebay.com/itm/Briggs-Str...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

the other option is to order the impeller from Keene that goes on a keyway shaft

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yae5MCgA-W0

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Armitage

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks (like always)

I really dislike that the us use inch instead of cm like the rest of the world.
That makes it expensive to buy machines from the us.
If I had the option I would probably not buy something like this from the us, but gold equipment is kind of a American domain.

Anyway, I did order the pump from Helmuth and use my second engine for repairs/parts or just in case.

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the crankshaft for the gx120, gx160 & gx200 are the same

I was under the impression that although the crankshafts will fit those models each engine size crank has a different stroke length.

Back when I set my Predator 212cc up to run a Proline HP400 I considered swapping out the crankshaft but couldn't find a aftermarket GX200 style crank on the cheap. Didn't feel like paying Honda's price of 150$ for one. Was concerned about losing HP with a GX160 crank, so I ended up just making some spacers/risers for the 4 mounting points and a threaded adapter for the end of the shaft.

Still on the lookout for a GX200 aftermarket 5/8 threaded crank on the cheap. Plenty on the market for the GX160 if you look around.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Winners58 is a true bad ass as far as helping guys out with dredge technical stuff!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was under the impression that although the crankshafts will fit those models each engine size crank has a different stroke length.

Still on the lookout for a GX200 aftermarket 5/8 threaded crank on the cheap. Plenty on the market for the GX160 if you look around.

the TX2 ones have the same 5/8" threaded end, you're right they have different crank thickness,
the gx120 has a size tolerance around 25mm? and the gx160 is like 29mm? (forgot what page I found tolerances)
here's the GX200-TX2 $114.79 I searched by part number didn't find but a few $180-$195 is too much...
the reference number shows the same takeoff end as the GX160-TX2
gx160-tx2.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link Winners. Still a little pricey though... hahahaha cost more then my Predator. But then again my crazy ass put a $350 dredge pump on it.

It is called a T type by Honda some call it a Type T. Back when I was trying to find one I was surprised to see the piston for the GX160 and the GX200 were both the same size... that was when I started to look into the stroke issue. Started to get concerned I would have to mess around with jetting the carb etc.

This is the cheapest you will find that crank for..... https://www.bmikarts.com/Crankshaft-for-Honda-GX160-55HP-Clone-Engine_p_2539.html
At least that place lists it for a GX160 and leaves it at that.

Was hoping you might have one in your bookmarks for a similar price for the 200cc.

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I'm with you on the Honda's ... parts aren't well priced either. I used to have a lot of love for Briggs but have dealt with manufacturing flaws and overall shoddyness too much in the last 5 years from them. The old ones though are hard to kill well built engines.

Wish I had that link for the engine when I was putting this together. They had the same one with electric start for 127$ as a scratch n dent special. Damn!!!
Gonna save the link to that place.

That motor you linked to is a Jiang Dong... same manufacturer for the crankshaft I linked to above. It's becoming a little less elusive now.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The person in the video winners58 posted used loctite in his pump assembly? I thought you were supposed to use an anti seize lube.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the blue loctite on Allen head screws like on the pulleys, I've had them loosen up,
the little screws that hold the reed valves in the t-80 compressor, etc...
I don't need to use it if a bolt has a lock washer or if I can use nylon nuts.
some people use anti-seize compound it keeps the bolt from rust and corrosion,
loctite threadlocker might do the same by sealing it off from the air.
it's like a plastic, it just shears off when you put a wrench to it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread