Gold dredging in Mexico

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watch your step down there. If you run into any cartel while prospecting your chances of making it out are very slim.

I was supposed to try my luck there on my last trip but was talked out of it by the locals in the Veracruz region. There is a reason why the federalies cruise around on the back of pickups armed with grenade launchers, m16's, and MP5's of every built up area. Out in the woods you are on your own.

timsuss103

Greenie
Apr 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pmed you. Ive run into a few narcos, some hairy situations, but came out alive with the help of the locals and a good genuine smile...

OP
OP
A

Aleksi

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got your PM and answered ;).

Yes indeed remote mountains road are quite crowded with pistoleros and I run into many of them. I has to be clear you come for exploration and that you'll pay a % to them if you want to work in one of those area. There is no way around, unless you find an area free of those guys.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you at in Mexico? Right now in Sonora it’s dangerously hot. Not a lot of dredging in this area. Drywashing and metal detecting. The cartel doesn’t care if you mine here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions