Any users opinions of the G. Hog PIGLET?

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never been impressed with the results I have seen with Gold Hog mats. The box and sluice look well made, I would toss the mats and put in hungarian riffles over raised expanded with vortex belting or miners moss. Side by side I have seen that combination increase take at the end of the day by a large margin.

I've never used anything with a setup using expanded or Hungarian riffles. Might have to eventually try setting up something to fit the piglet and give it a comparison.

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the old school stuff is out performing the GH mats then your not set up right. Take the time to tune and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time wasted in the creek "tuning" and messing with mat configurations tends to come out of the take at the end of the day in a negative manner. Never seen GH mat outperform "tried and true old school". So either every user of those mats I have run into over the years never took the time to tune or they just aren't up to snuff.

This is a test our group performed with the configuration I mentioned on a 3 inch highbanker dredge. Two 3 hour runs and 2 cleanups. At the end of the day no gold was found in sluice 2 and 3. 100% was recovered in sluice 1. Not sure how GH mats can produce better then 100% .

Mno0E7c.jpg

Will stick to hungarian riffles over raised expanded and vortex belting. Minimal losses if any, ease of use, works in all stream conditions, no need to add 15ft of sluice.. no need to switch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread