Lasted 3 Hours In The Blazing Heat Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
hot1.jpg

Got up at 06:00 and did my 10 minute drive to the river. A bit of a climb down to the river bank. Took about 1 1/2 hours to get equipment to the river and set up. No breeze at all.......just a hot sun blazing at me. After about 3 hours,i shut it down!

hot2.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold.:thumbsup:

Side note: "Blazing heat" is a relative thing. Over 100 degrees is the norm here in Southern Arizona this time of year and it's not blazing heat until it gets over 105. Cool today, only 103.8. "But it is a dry heat" as the saying goes.:laughing7:

Last edited:

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold.:thumbsup:

Side note: "Blazing heat" is a relative thing. Over 100 degrees is the norm here in Southern Arizona this time of year and it's not blazing heat until it gets over 105. Cool today, only 103.8. "But it is a dry heat" as the saying goes.:laughing7:

I’m struggling at 80 degrees myself. Lol. I went to Phoenix once when it was 105 degrees. It was like the inside of an oven to me.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
any day under 110 is a good day

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold. Get a good wide brim hat(with neck flap), and a good water filter. Staying hydrated and keeping the sun off your face, head and neck makes a huge difference. When you do start to over heat get in that water and bring your temp down. I usually will wet my shirt in the river and then put it back on every hr or so. In between that ill dump a pan of water over my head and down my back. Gotta do what you gotta do if you want to be a gold miner lol

Last edited:

Hephaestus

Greenie
Jul 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guessing Edmonton is like Calgary right now - way too hot way too humid?

I'm heading out pre-dawn, onto the bike at daybreak, so I can see where the Frick I'm going... Try to be on my way back by 11am-ish when the heat really starts to come on. Perfect time for a siesta, lunch then start the gold wheel up for final cleanup.

About 5° cooler would be super nice ;) at least o have glacial river to dive into as needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread