Other uses For Gold Pans.......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
hunt e.jpg

Just pulled out 4 1/2 LBS of bar-b-q beef jerky out of my drier. I always bring along some protein rich jerky for quick energy food when digging gravol.

Been out a few times this week high banking. I went to the same spot a couple of days later with my metal detector, detected the tailing piles and throughout the river bed. Got some cool finds, as shown below.

DSC_0031 a.jpg DSC_0017 a.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well I guess you could always wear it as a hat if you come up on a party , or if your short you could use it as a seat!:icon_thumright: Sorry for being a smart Azz!:occasion14:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well I guess you could always wear it as a hat if you come up on a party , or if your short you could use it as a seat!:icon_thumright: Sorry for being a smart Azz!:occasion14:

Wearing it as a hat........mmmmm, rim of pan up or down when on head? th_thinking1.gif

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you can wear it as a hat while it is raining ( i can not confirm nor deny that i might have done that) , also works great for digging thru mason jars of mixed bolts and stuff

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Cheap Frisbee.....

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I gave a ride home from a late night party to a girl on the back of my motorcycle one night....helmet laws and such she wore a tupperware bowl, guess a gold pan would have been just as safe.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used mine as a water bowl for the dog once. Was traveling cross country and it's always in the truck and turned out to be the best thing I had to give him water with.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just as an afterthought, allot can be said for a metal pan. Things like, I like the way a steel pan forms a fine rust that really helps separate the black sand from the gold, if ya want it smooth then steel wool does the trick, you can cook chilli over an open fire, in thunder storms you can convince your buddy to wear it as a hat as an ANTI-LIGHTNING device, it responds well with a magnet attached to the bottom to acquire all of that mag. blk sand to form a nice pile right above the magnet and allow you to turn the pan over to drop out your gold and those sands remain in the pan until you remove the magnet, like mentioned above...dog bowl, and the number one reason I have several metal pans( just for laughs I have one metal pan that say's "made in Japan" on the bottom of it....go figure) is to be able to hover them over my head to defuse the strange vortex activity that we seem to live under here on the claims that makes any and all electronic devices act up in any old way and at any old time. I used to use aluminum foil cone hats for this problem but after several tests the metal pans work much better and don't blow away in the wind. Me thinks that perhaps I've been sitting to close to the campfire smoke tonight so until next time....metal pans....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread