Almost done with 3” homemade triple chocolate

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Almost done with 3” homemade triple

Got to weld up some corners and put in mats. I wanted a dredge for shallow water and had a 3” suction nozzle and 20ft of hose laying around. Going to put it on a stand not floats. My new claim has a lot of flour gold. Not a enough water to run my 4” Proline. Will use a HP400 Proline pump so should be more than enough. Center box is 10” side boxes are 8”.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538267206.507259.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538267263.205626.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538267282.140262.jpg

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice! I'm working on a header to feed a single side run for my 4".

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice job, was thinking of trying this on a spare 3 inch box i have laying around

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome fab work! Great to see talented people put those mad skills to use! I do not dredge, pan or nugget hunt...but I CAN relate to the pride you've taken in building your rig. Ddf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome fab work! Great to see talented people put those mad skills to use! I do not dredge, pan or nugget hunt...but I CAN relate to the pride you've taken in building your rig. Ddf.

Its what I do for a living and have a few million dollars worth of machines at my disposal. Pretty sure my boss doesn't share my enthusiasm about it though.

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a sweet machine! At first I thought ‘chocolate’ was a nickname for something i hadnt heard of yet. Lol

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know nothing about triples so how is the flow distributed/diverted to the individual sluice runs? Some sort of over under classification? Nice build by the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know nothing about triples so how is the flow distributed/diverted to the individual sluice runs? Some sort of over under classification? Nice build by the way.

Yes like a over under setup there is a diverter under the 1/4” punch plate I have never seen a triple in person I built it from pics I’ve seen. I went 3” due to me having a 3” suction nozzle and 20’ of hose laying around collecting dust. It sits on a stand for use in shallow water.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Ignore the weld slag I am not a welder just a yahoo that owns a welder. I just put in a v to direct water to the sides and adjustable angles to even it out.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1540766361.417023.jpg

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raised expanded will just hold more garbage, I think you are fine just as is but you will find that you don't want the miners moss in the side boxes with the lower velocity. It will just pack up with more garbage. Take some ribbed carpet and run it down one side, under the expanded to see the difference. Miners moss in the center box is a must but it will fill with dirt in the sides.
Great looking build :)
Reed

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Raised expanded will just hold more garbage, I think you are fine just as is but you will find that you don't want the miners moss in the side boxes with the lower velocity. It will just pack up with more garbage. Take some ribbed carpet and run it down one side, under the expanded to see the difference. Miners moss in the center box is a must but it will fill with dirt in the sides.
Great looking build :)
Reed

I will give those suggestions a try. I have Veranda carpet I can put in side boxes the expanded is stainless. I will try that over carpet in 1 box as you said to see the difference. Thank you for the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions