Finished My Home Made Miller Table Last Night And Ran It For About An Hour

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have always liked to tinker and build my own equipment. I have been reading up on the miller table, and like what I read. I have nearly 3 5 gallon pails of concentrate left after my micro sluice. I plan to run all this material again through my micro-sluice, then run it through my miller table if time is on my side.

miller.jpg mil.jpg

Below are the You Tube links. ( I hope they work?) Or, cop and paste----- How To Build A Simple Miller Table With A Plastic Paper Tray

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice build.:icon_thumleft:

I don't use a miller table....but after watching the video it appears to me that you were running it too flat or with not enough water flow or some combination of the two. It seems to me that the water should at least immediately start scouring (carve down) the sand piles as soon as they are placed on the table. I did not see movement until you brushed it a little and then the sands mostly banked up again until you brushed it again. From what I have read and seen, the brush is mostly used to brush gold back up the table when it starts to scoot down.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Nice build.:icon_thumleft:

I don't use a miller table....but after watching the video it appears to me that you were running it too flat or with not enough water flow or some combination of the two. It seems to me that the water should at least immediately start scouring (carve down) the sand piles as soon as they are placed on the table. I did not see movement until you brushed it a little and then the sands mostly banked up again until you brushed it again. From what I have read and seen, the brush is mostly used to brush gold back up the table when it starts to scoot down.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback! I wondered if the process might work a little more efficiently with more water, and tweaking the angles? All part of a learning curve. Anything to speed up the process, yet maintain the efficiency is a good thing. Back to the experimental stage..... th_thinking1.gif

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
theres a fine line from cleaning the sand off and blowing the flat gold down the table, use a small catch tub untill its adjusted right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions