Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Dredging on the West Coast

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2012
    FL
    white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
    670 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Dredging on the West Coast

I plan on taking some time off of work this summer I was wondering with all the rules and regulations they have on the West Coast is there still anywhere that you can dredge and enjoy yourself without being hassled any information would be greatly appreciate it

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2924 times
    I don't have a solid answer for you Cheech, but it sure doesn't seem like it anymore, either in Calif. or it's suburb Oregon.

us
    Dec 2016
    Oroville, WA.
    Lobo
    55 times
    Similkameen river in north central Washington. free camping, no hassles, PM me if you need more info.
    russau and cheech like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    1640 times
    Cheech This isn't exactly the West Coast , but we're close ,Idaho . Bring along Chong to tend the sluice for you

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4394 times
    Green crud is slowly encroaching the entire U.S.A........... It'll be in your State before long if it isn't stopped ! Get involved before it gets to this !

us
    May 2012
    FL
    670 times
    Well I finally got it set up to get off of work not as long as I was expecting but long enough to be able to poke around so no dredging but I would like to do some sniping anyone with experience on wetsuits and what size to keep you warm would be greatly appreciated and Iíll be stopping off at some of the beaches to find some find gold with the gold cube any recommendations on which ones are better than others I should be headed that way around August 20 hopefully itís a good time of the year thanks again

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1940 times
    Prospecting
    Colorado is still free and open. You can come here and not have your gear and guns confiscated. Probably wouldnt ever see any forestry at all. Here they call you sir.
    cheech and dredgernaut like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2856 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech View Post
    Well I finally got it set up to get off of work not as long as I was expecting but long enough to be able to poke around so no dredging but I would like to do some sniping anyone with experience on wetsuits and what size to keep you warm would be greatly appreciated and I’ll be stopping off at some of the beaches to find some find gold with the gold cube any recommendations on which ones are better than others I should be headed that way around August 20 hopefully it’s a good time of the year thanks again
    For beach mining try Cape Disappointment in Washington. There are many who use gold cubes as well as highbankers up there. The campground is adjacent to the beach and some just haul the sand feed to their campers to run then take the tails back to the beach. Many videos are available to show you their setups, gold recovery, etc.

Good luck.

PS: Oregon and California do not allow motorized equipment for prospecting on the beaches.
    cheech likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4394 times
    I'd like to see some modern bucket line dredges come out and be used on the West Coast to by-pass the Cal. dredge ban ! It wouldn't need to big as big as the common ones that used to be used ! I KNOW , I KNOW !! As soon as one shows up they will ban it or the wacoenviromentalterriorists would burn it to the water level!

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    714 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCVIEW479501.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	1698837 I have always thought about that russau I think it would be a fascinating project, found this picture somewhere a while ago I think its from a school up in Alaska.
    Asmbandits and russau like this.

us
    Jun 2014
    East Coast
    189 times
    Prospecting
    Someone out in Cali needs to build on of these little guys lol. Not sure how well it would work given how lite it would be, but still it looks like a cool little machine.

Name:	FB_IMG_1554317957620.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	1698873

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    714 times
    Prospecting
    I can't really see one one of these actually being able to handle all the big rocks.

Feb 2016
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post

Name:	SCVIEW479501.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	1698837 I have always thought about that russau I think it would be a fascinating project, found this picture somewhere a while ago I think its from a school up in Alaska.
    My guess would be the UAF (Fairbanks) college. They teach a lot about gold mining and itís history there.

Feb 2016
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgumby16 View Post
    Someone out in Cali needs to build on of these little guys lol. Not sure how well it would work given how lite it would be, but still it looks like a cool little machine.

Name:	FB_IMG_1554317957620.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	1698873
    That is one of the coolest things iíve ever seen!

us
    May 2012
    FL
    670 times
    Our trip has begun weíll see how it goes and I will post pictures if and when possible
    jsurddy, Gold4Mike and Asmbandits like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links