white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a solid answer for you Cheech, but it sure doesn't seem like it anymore, either in Calif. or it's suburb Oregon.

Shankersbend

Dec 6, 2016
Oroville, WA.
Detector(s) used
Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similkameen river in north central Washington. free camping, no hassles, PM me if you need more info.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheech This isn't exactly the West Coast , but we're close ,Idaho . Bring along Chong to tend the sluice for you

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Green crud is slowly encroaching the entire U.S.A........... It'll be in your State before long if it isn't stopped ! Get involved before it gets to this !

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally got it set up to get off of work not as long as I was expecting but long enough to be able to poke around so no dredging but I would like to do some sniping anyone with experience on wetsuits and what size to keep you warm would be greatly appreciated and I’ll be stopping off at some of the beaches to find some find gold with the gold cube any recommendations on which ones are better than others I should be headed that way around August 20 hopefully it’s a good time of the year thanks again

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I finally got it set up to get off of work not as long as I was expecting but long enough to be able to poke around so no dredging but I would like to do some sniping anyone with experience on wetsuits and what size to keep you warm would be greatly appreciated and I’ll be stopping off at some of the beaches to find some find gold with the gold cube any recommendations on which ones are better than others I should be headed that way around August 20 hopefully it’s a good time of the year thanks again

For beach mining try Cape Disappointment in Washington. There are many who use gold cubes as well as highbankers up there. The campground is adjacent to the beach and some just haul the sand feed to their campers to run then take the tails back to the beach. Many videos are available to show you their setups, gold recovery, etc.

Good luck.

PS: Oregon and California do not allow motorized equipment for prospecting on the beaches.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'd like to see some modern bucket line dredges come out and be used on the West Coast to by-pass the Cal. dredge ban ! It wouldn't need to big as big as the common ones that used to be used ! I KNOW , I KNOW !! As soon as one shows up they will ban it or the wacoenviromentalterriorists would burn it to the water level!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SCVIEW479501.jpg I have always thought about that russau I think it would be a fascinating project, found this picture somewhere a while ago I think its from a school up in Alaska.

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Someone out in Cali needs to build on of these little guys lol. Not sure how well it would work given how lite it would be, but still it looks like a cool little machine.

FB_IMG_1554317957620.jpg

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't really see one one of these actually being able to handle all the big rocks.

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1698837 I have always thought about that russau I think it would be a fascinating project, found this picture somewhere a while ago I think its from a school up in Alaska.

My guess would be the UAF (Fairbanks) college. They teach a lot about gold mining and it’s history there.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our trip has begun we’ll see how it goes and I will post pictures if and when possible

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i second shankersbend suggestion of the Similkameen river in Washington, i was there with shankersbend on his dredge last august, guys were getting some decent gold and no one bothers you there. most guys leave their dredges in the water till they leave

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I also agree with your post on Similkameen River for dredging and the camping part ! I was there for the 2007 N.W. Miners rally and Leonard Leeper and myself camped and dredged that River. GREAT place !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread