Where have all the dredgers gone?

Shankersbend

Dec 6, 2016
Oroville, WA.
Detector(s) used
Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's July 4th on the Similkameen river. Usually at this time of year there could be 30 to 50 dredges on the river. Today there are 3. It could be that folks assume the future regulations are already in effect, which is not the case. In my twenty plus years on the river this will be the best year to dredge due to low water levels and a mild, beautiful summer. Also due to lasts years record flood there will be plenty of flood gold. With gold at $14 + it can't be due to the price of gold. As a side bar, there aren't any tourists around, either. ??????????? I'madono

Last edited:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's July 4th on the Similkameen river. Usually at this time of year there could be 30 to 50 dredges on the river. Today there are 3. It could be that folks assume the future regulations are already in effect, which is not the case. In my twenty plus years on the river this will be the best year to dredge due to low water levels and a mild, beautiful summer. Also due to lasts years record flood there will be plenty of flood gold. With gold at $14 + it can't be due to the price of gold. As a side bar, there aren't any tourists around, either. ??????????? I'madono

Interesting, if I had a dredge, I'd be up there to join you! I'd really like to try dredging and I think I should probably find someone going up to the Similkameen this summer that needs a hand and will let me try it out.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALLEN,
If I could swing it this year, I would be out there with you for another try in the area we tried last summer. did you redesign the air pulley adjustment? im gonna try getting out there next year depending on how bad the new regs are

i miss that pretty river
IMG_0778.jpg

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
6" suction intake, 10 sq ft maximum of recovery area in the sluice box (riffles, mats, etc)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately, this post brought back a memory of a song..

Just substitute "miners" for where have all the...gone
The misinformed greener liberals are taking over, law by law, slowly and quickly ???. It'll all soon be just fond memories as we age and our children will never know the contributions miners have done to enrich their way of life :goldbar:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread