noob minner

pater77

Jul 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi every one
i am new to the forum (sorry for my bad english please forgive me)
i am from the netherlands and i am fascinated by gold
in my country no one is intrested in prospecting so information is scarse
here is my question
i want to make a dryland highbanker dregde
the pump i want to buy
is a 3inch inlet
2,5 inch outlet
has about 166 gallons a minute
and max head of 80 meters (8bar or 116psi)
is that enough pressure ?
ok what kind of suction nozzle do i need the only thing i can find is 3 inch with a 2 inch pressure or do i need to size my pump outlet smaller?
and what size does my sluice need to be hight and whith in regard of waterflow
i am in a area that has very smal flouwer gold maximum size mesh 200
sorry for the noob questions

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a 3" nozzle is about right for highbanker 12" to 14" wide sluice, a 3"dredge is 14" but a highbanker will have efficiency losses.
the pump sounds like a simi-trash pump would probably work but not as good as a 300gpm dredge pump.
I usually run the hose the same as the outlet then neck it down close to the nozzle to help build pressure and not bog down the pump
keep you sluice as low as possible, and down hill from where you are working.
I like building stuff almost as much as finding Gold, build it, you can always get better pump or optimize your setup as you go...

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice I didn't know there was gold there, I'm half Dutch. Have you ever stuck your finger in a dike?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pater77

Jul 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a 3" nozzle is about right for highbanker 12" to 14" wide sluice, a 3"dredge is 14" but a highbanker will have efficiency losses.
the pump sounds like a simi-trash pump would probably work but not as good as a 300gpm dredge pump.
I usually run the hose the same as the outlet then neck it down close to the nozzle to help build pressure and not bog down the pump
keep you sluice as low as possible, and down hill from where you are working.
I like building stuff almost as much as finding Gold, build it, you can always get better pump or optimize your setup as you go...
yes its a trashpump
i thought pressure is key
whats the difference with a dredge pump

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a big difference between a "dredge" pump and a trash (clear water) pump. My 3" trash pump will pump allot of water but if I point the outlet across the creek it might flow halfway but if I use one of my Honda dredge pumps it will knock the leaves off the trees on the far bank. It's the way pumps are constructed. Here's a link to one of the best and oldest mining equipment companys here on the West Coast https://keeneeng.com/ . Check out the shape and construction of several of the different pump housings. If you intend on sucking dirt with a hose and nozzle you will probably be a bit disappointed with the sucking ability of a trash pump and I'd bet you would be smiling allot with the use of a similar sized "dredge" pump. Tell ya what, if you pay for my travel expenses I'll bring my dredge over to the Netherlands and show you what suckin' dirt is all about....HA!
DSC00032.JPG

Just for laughs..... https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...J4KHVI0DWw4ZBAzKBowGnoECAEQGw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread