15 Gallon Barrels

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try your local car wash. I have gotten quite a few barrels from mine. 15, 30 and 50 gallon size.

OP
OP
L

Lycof

Jul 29, 2017
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Floaty Foam coated in plastic is spendy around here. Costs more than manufactured dredge floats. How did I not think of car washes. Going to check em out Monday!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marijuana farmers often get their fertilizers in 15 gallon barrels.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working on a floating rig for my dredge, need 4 of the 15 gallon drums. Have had zero luck. Local dry cleaners, floor cleaners, craigslist, nada. Any ideas?

Go to a plumbing supply house like George T Sanders or Ferguson plumbing the use them for Poly Propylene glycol containers for boiler systems antifreeze.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working on a floating rig for my dredge, need 4 of the 15 gallon drums. Have had zero luck. Local dry cleaners, floor cleaners, craigslist, nada. Any ideas?
Got any Feed & Grain stores close? They always seem to have them for feed troughs etc. Call around any businesses doing food products they might have some they're throwing away.Feed store55 gal plastic $19 15 gal $11Sauce manufacturer55 gal FREE 15 gal FREE & they'll usually help put em in your trailer!Hint - 1 1/2 boxes of baking soda & filling the drum with water. kick drum up & down the driveway a couple times will get the pickle & hot sauce smell out.Hint 2- The bottoms off the 15 gal white ones make great molds for stepping stones. Just be ready for the neighbors with the "Can you make me some?" queries.

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way jose. youll find your dredge upside down on the bottom after a rock or branch puts a tiny cut in that and you dont notice because you're too busy sucking gravel. That also wouldnt hold anything but a tiny backpack sized dredge.

I put my fat a$$ on them and run the rivers around here up to class 3. I would not hesitate to put a box on one and use it. As a matter of fact, I have 2 of them in the shed I think I will convert. Perfect solution for light weight and portable that I can throw in the plane and get out to remote areas!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread