Pump discharge hose size?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 2 Post By N-Lionberger

Thread: Pump discharge hose size?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Micah

Oct 2019
    Huntsville, AL
    Tesoro Lobo Super Traq Tesoro Compadre
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Pump discharge hose size?

I want to buy a gas water pump for my Gold Hog Piglet and I could buy a Honda GX50 with a Keene P90 pump, but I thought about going bigger so I am not upgrading down the road. I am thinking the biggest piece of equipment I might run is a 4" dredge, so the GX200 with the Keene p185 is what I am thinking about getting.

It doesn't seem like that would be too much for the Piglet, but it's a question I have?

If it is not to much for the Piglet, another question I have is about the diameter of the pressure intake of a suction nozzle and/or power jet. Both have the option of getting a 1.5" or 2" pressure intake diameter. What is the difference between the two diameters of pressure intake for both the suction nozzle and the power jet? The reason I ask is to size the pressure hose when I buy the pump (the P185 has a 2" discharge).

Thanks
    Last edited by gmn0000; Nov 03, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

us
    Oct 2009
    8267 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There is no way that you can throttle-down a 4inch dredge pump enough to make it usable in p90 pump situation. My 4 inch dredge motor/pump is almost too much for my 3 inch dredge. The only way to make that work is to put a valve between the pump and the GH intake. And then you are going to burn through a LOT more fuel than a tiny honda 50 uses.
    gmn0000 and russau like this.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    844 times
    Prospecting
    Get the jet inlet size that matches the outlet of your pump, Keene used to sell pumps with a 1.5" outlet for their 4" dredges. I used a Gold Diver pump meant for a 4" dredge on a highbanker, necked it down with a valve and it did do wear and guzzled gas as Jason said. I recently picked up a little WX15 pump from a pawn shop as a birthday present to myself and it has more than enough water to run my 10" wide highbanker a good distance from the creek, I can also pick it up with my pinky.
    gmn0000 and russau like this.

Sponsored Links