building a 6" dredge, need some help finding parts
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: building a 6" dredge, need some help finding parts

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Commercial Diving Company Owner

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    Garrett At Pro, MX500 Proton Mag fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
    186 times
    Prospecting

building a 6" dredge, need some help finding parts

im building a 6" dredge for next season and need some help finding parts, i Need a 6" jet tube and a 263 compressor. im gonna use a dahlke DP500 (so i can use a keyed motor) unless i can find a used compareable one

us
    Apr 2013
    Nampa, Idaho
    Whites Classic 3
    111 times
    I rarely find these parts used. Most likely have to buy the compressor new. But a little research, angle grinder and welder can make a good jet
    russau likes this.

Dec 2012
    Murfreesboro tn
    256 times
    Prospecting
    I have a old triple 6 custom Keene with gast air pump 24 hp Honda Keene pump special cut impeller for high flow
    3 jets and over 50 of hose lots and lots of extras jets are standard Keene , dahlke and a gold divers circle jet . Breaker flab and standard nozzle and runs quite as a gx 200 because it has custom wet exhaust with a Vern a lift water muffler . Also boxes are lined with gold hog mats and has 8 pontoons original
    5 k
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who your not!

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    Garrett At Pro, MX500 Proton Mag fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
    186 times
    Prospecting
    ive made a bunch of jet tubes for my other dredges ive built, even built a double inductor 4" for my 5" motor/pump assy, was just trying to save myself some work and experimenting

new 263s are 699 at keene and armadillo, thants why i was looking for a used one. i know alot of guys from Cali are on here and not using their gear
    Last edited by njcommercialdiver; Dec 04, 2019 at 08:45 PM.
    russau and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Dec 2012
    pomona,ca
    Prospecting
    Look up Boneyard Mining they may have what you need.

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    186 times
    Prospecting
    tried checking them out, i dont have facebook and they dont have a real website or a correct phone number listed (only 9 numbers)

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3795 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Roger Bendx has a dredge graveyard lots of parts and pieces
    if you know what you want, give him a list he will see what he has and get back to you.
    He is doing some manufacturing these days making carry handles for dredge motors
    this is his yard;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	1783575
    Hoser John likes this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    186 times
    Prospecting
    is that the guy from ebay "maxfuz"? if it is, i already contacted him about 2 months ago and he didnt have any 6" stuff

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    186 times
    Prospecting
    picked up a P350 pedestal pump and will be hooking it to a 13hp honda clone with an air compressor, and have a factory kenne 5 inch 8hp honda and P350 pump for the other side. the full size keene 6 inch has a 26 inch wide box and the mini has a 20 inch wide box, my box is 22 inches wide so i should have enough pump for a 4 inch narrower box

i ordered a 10 ft section of 6 inch 14 gauge exhaust pipe to make a nozzle (with breaker flap) , jet tube and flare, am also gonna make a quick attatch hose end like the factory keene setup

anyone have a spare 4 inch one piece intake foot valve they would sell?
    winners58 likes this.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    996 times
    Prospecting
    It isn't a problem that one engine has more HP? I seem to remember someone on here having issues with doing that.

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    186 times
    Prospecting
    the bigger one is gonna be running my air compressor, so i figured it would bring the HP down to what the one without is running
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    Nampa, Idaho
    Whites Classic 3
    111 times
    The compressor will definitely draw on the torque. A pressure gauge on each pump would probably help a lot with tuning the jet
    N-Lionberger and russau like this.

us

Feb 2005
    Eastern PA
    186 times
    Prospecting
    went to my local metal supplier today, got the aluminum sheet for the pontoons, and the square tube for the framework. also found a big piece of stainless 1/2" weave mat.
    Clay Diggins and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4011 times
    Make sure that your p350's have identical impellars and it will run fine. The 8hp impellar is different then the 13hp but both work. Just make sure the pedestal pump has the 8hp impellar also. Aluminum pontoons are heavy but they work. 30 gallon plastic drums and 15's are quick, cheap, stable and easy on the pocketbook. My Proline 6" box is 22" also.
    When running different sized motors, just flip back the damper and look at the water as it comes out of the flare, then adjust the rpms for even flow. Put the blaster hose on the 13hp, fix it to the nozzle and leave it on when tuning. If you have the larger impellar, it will run a 1-1/4" fire hose perfectly.
    Last edited by Reed Lukens; Jan 08, 2020 at 08:46 AM.
    russau likes this.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8886 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    .... Aluminum pontoons are heavy but they work. 30 gallon plastic drums and 15's are quick, cheap, stable and easy on the pocketbook. .....
    I'm going to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th that statement. Dont worry about them not being "pretty". They are dirt cheap, and they are TOUGH. You can drag them over rocks, drop them, bang them around, and never worry about them leaking.. Even if you did manage to put a hole in one, all you need is a tiny bit of silicone sealant and it its good to go for as long as it takes to replace it.
    russau and LouMiller like this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links