Ony one know sometin adot this vacuum?

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any one know someting about this vacuum?

Any one that has used one of these? Thinking of asking the wife for christmas! Capture+_2019-12-15-20-26-12.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm packing in and crevicing on rivers. I had a particularly deep crevace that was producing. I found this extention that would fit down in there, it's 36" I know leaf blower vacs work more material. I've seen lots of guys with the Dewalt hand vac. It's too big.
This is a new tool, and I just was wondering if anyone uses this. The material I'm getting is only a gallon or so at a time. I just need something light and powerful enough to get the material. I may just see if they will let me check it out in the store. This size and weight would be perfect. And, it doesnt use a flex hose... I read that the 3ah battery runs this stronger than the 1.5ah. Well, I'm just curious. Thanks, TG

Capture+_2019-12-16-09-40-51.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've tried to edit the title that I hastily typed by mistake. I don't know how to fix it.
There's no edit button now!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't see why it wouldn't work if the hand vac has enough oomph. How big of a crevice is it? I've had cracks I couldn't clean out by hand that I had luck with filling with water and sucking out with a suction gun, real skinny cracks an air compressor might be handy.

OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my order in to Santa!
Been thinking of making a tool that is aluminium flat bar, and using 2 pins to attach a type of steel scoop on the end. 2 or 3 pieces to reach 4 - 5 ft. Once I get the crevice cleared I can use an extention to this vac using clear tubing attached to the 36" crevice tool to clean the bottom. My theory is, the gold in some of the deeper crevaces is still there as somone couldn't get deep enough. I am going to hunt specifically those crevices that have already been cleared of overburden.
The gear will be strong light and durable. I'm hiking it in.
I like inventing stuff. The vac will be a nice addition to the collection!

OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hooray! I got one! I thought I'd post a few bits of info about this vac. as there isn't an accurate discription of all the features.
But first, I tried it out on the cracks in the garage where I do my clean-ups. And, I found gold! Ha! There's a lead bird shot and a tiny piece of iron too. Just as if I'd been on the river.
So, There's some photos of the unit with the 3ah battery, the extention with the crevice tool, brush attachment and it comes with 4 washable re-usable filters. I've already washed and re-used one and it cleans up nice. I can use it without attachments as well.
There's a photo with a yardstick with the attachment. It's a good 3' ! Also, it's a smooth tube instead of a flex hose, so gold won't get traped.
There's photo of the inside of the catch container. That screw holds the rubber flapper. I'm sure that I can replace the flapper anytime.
I used the vacuum in the garage to clean up arounf the edges. I used it to crevice the cracks for lost gold. I used it in the house to tidy up the pantry and the battery fuel guage is still reading full!
All in all, this is a nice PORTABLE vacuum. I'm looking forward to getting it on the river! Today, I'll be getting some flat bar aluminium and some flat bar steel to make some crevice tools.
Also, the 36" flex crevice attachment is on it's way. I'll be able to have 6' of vacuum and a couple feet of arm reach. So, 8' capability!
Oh yeah, another great feature, I could attach standard vacuum attachments from my other home vacuume.
It will be interesting to see if there is deep crevices that are still un touched....

IMG_20191226_100928.jpg 1226191019.jpg 1226191021.jpg 1226191043.jpg 1226191044b.jpg 1226191053.jpg 1226191104.jpg 1226191104a.jpg 1226191016.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I assume your garage floor crack is dry. The dirt in the river crack has to be damp or wet and packed. Seems like it would take quite a suction to get the dirt up. I have no experience it these matters, but have been interested in a vac for some time.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume your garage floor crack is dry. The dirt in the river crack has to be damp or wet and packed. Seems like it would take quite a suction to get the dirt up. I have no experience it these matters, but have been interested in a vac for some time.

Vacs are great!
Once you have successfully used one you will be hooked.
Gold that is found in the material next to bedrock as well as in cracks and crevices can easily be recovered with a vac.

It reminds me of using a suction dredge, only on dry land :icon_thumright:

I built mine by marrying a powerful leaf blower to a shop vac. Any gas vac can vac out wet material, just careful not to clog the hose with mud.
Packing the large vac in to remote locations was a chore so I added 15" diameter wheels and a handle.

006.jpg
GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry N-Lionberger,
I thought you were asking about the crevice tool which I have coming from walmart.. The Vac is harbor freight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoegold

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, so, I got the extention. It doesnt fit directly. I found what is called a "wand extention" at Home depot. So, I cut the original extention as it was smooth. The new one has ridges. Found out both extentions have tapered ends. So I had to sand the newly cut ends by hand and make them fit. Now, I have 2 nice different short extentions that also work on the original tools. Plus, fit the new one. All put together it is 7' long. Ha ha ha! I suppose it would be rare to have this need. But, I have the capability!! Lol 0124201310.jpg 0124201310a.jpg 0124201312.jpg 0124201309.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions