Out "Rock'n" For Gold Yesterday, As The River Ice Is Beginning To Melt

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
xx.jpg

Too far to hull my pump, hoses, gas to this location, so I built a new rocker last week, specifically for these types of locations. I shoveled gravel for about 1 1/2 hours to test the new rocker, and as expected, it got gold. Below is a 2 minute video of it's maiden trip, with the results.

Below are my rockers. The large one will probably go in the fire pit this year. It's officially retired.

beet3small.jpg

Last edited:

Mountaineer2020

Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab gs3000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Enjoyed the video! First time I seen one of those worked. Kind of want to build one now but my list of projects is too long.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I know what you mean......so much to do, so little time. I wonder if someone started building these units, would they sell? There is a niche for these out in the field.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love rocker boxes I don't run them as much anymore I used them extensively when I was younger. They work great for bigger deep flowing rivers that offer poor situations for setting up a stream sluice or for working out of puddles. I have been wanting to build one out of ABS and mount a hand actuated bilge pump like the Gold Grabber rocker box. Looks like a nice setup I like how you filled up your cleanup bucket with water and used it as a stable stand for your rocker, when you're all worn out rocking all day you don't have to fetch a heavy bucket. How do you have the apron set up? It's hard to make out in the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread