Dredging and high banking in a good spot - Madagascar

kawadany

May 3, 2021
MAdagascar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I' m Canadian resident in Madagascar, I worked in large scale gold processing for many years and now I have a spot in Madagascar to start my own small scale mining ; a beautiful large river with placers. can someone with good dredging experiences advise me where to start by looking at the spots on the map?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There are several stories /maps of how-to-read-a-stream here on TNet and other sites. try to google it ! AND by the way... WELCOME to TNet for your first post ! GOOD LUCK over there !

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Before you go all out i advise you to do a sampling program or have someone who have been in and out the river to better guide you.

Normally here in the top part where the stream bed starts is where most larger nuggets are found at the end is where fines collect and inside bends while larger gold doesnt take the same route as the fines.

Now in day there is veryy little virgen ground so you always looking to dredge where someone else have not look.

Deeper areas, under large boulders or very remote areas.

But its BEST to look everywhere since gold could come from any side of the river and travel in a whole different dirrection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kawadany

May 3, 2021
MAdagascar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look a small part of the spot, it's a big river. the placers is already exploited by artisanal miner, but has never been dredged and dig deep.
Placer Zone A.PNG

Attachments

• 3D zone A.PNG
    3D zone A.PNG
    495.5 KB · Views: 45

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread