Sold My Aluminum Highbanker, And Bought A Latrap

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

I bought a new highbanker, a lot lighter then my aluminum one and very simple and fast for cleanups. I also have less concentrates to take home and clean. It really likes to hold the black heavy oxides, and even the smaller microscopic sized flour gold.

Here's what I got after about 6 clean-ups, about 6 hors of digging. Below are my pieces of petrified wood and a fossil.

A quick video of my digs -

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That's how I also used my Le Trap sluice and I also used it for quick cleanups in my dredge sluice by setting it down into the dredge sluice and slowly run the pumps for water to flush out waste. :occasion14: I cut the feed end of the sluice off so the water would run through the sluice .:icon_thumright:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice haul for 6 hours

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure love mine. Yet to be out this year with it but the times coming soon. They sure gobble up some material. My multi sluice just sits now. About time to send it down the road, i hate to see an expensive piece of equipment just sit.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got one for doing cleanups in my dredge box like russau mentioned, I had it but not my regular stream sluice while I was out dredging last year on one of those off days where I can't get into my wetsuit I took the Le trap for a casual day of sampling up around the bend found it a handy stream sluice, much lighter weight than my modified A52. I feel the pinch and flare design versus straight sluice walls is what really catches the fine gold.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scanned this old pic for Hoser with his and his friends LeTrap gold clean up from 95 about 20 years ago for him. I thought you would like it :)

Johns Gold.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
CORRECTION !! The FEVER will NEVER GO DOWN ! Just wait until the time when you can't get out anymore and then think about it!! My anxiety, just reading these posts causes my FEVER to go nut's !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread