Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes, i use them in my 3 inch dredge (2 bedrocks, 2UR's) , 4 inch dredge (2 river hogs 2 bedrocks ,and 4 UR's) , a 3 inch highbanker ( 2 river hogs and 2 UR's under a long piece of 1/2" weave expanded) and will be putting them in my 6inch dredge upper level and in my "highgrade" section

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Sounds like good advice ! I bought and installed Gold Hog mats in my 4 inch Keene dredge and my 2 inch dredge BUT never got a chance to get out and used it because of my back . I ended up selling it all and my back still aint worth a 888888 !

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to have options, but I haven't seen any improvement with gold hog mats in my sluice. If you have a good riffle system, stick with it. I use gold hog and Dream Mat because it's easy to lay in a section where riffles will fit. I've been using the Dream Mat lately because it can handle the same amount of water that riffles can, where the gold hog mats run best on low flow systems.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The river hog is a high flow mat. the UR works well in both high and low flow and bedrock works in medium flows down, thats why i use it behind the river hog after the big ridge grabs the heavies and the slurry calms down. that being said, i use the gold stop mat in one of my 3 inch highbankers and it grabs the real small gold very well especially the super tiny stuff down at Contray Creek VA, like the small stuff John Edmonton gets up there in Canada

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread