Two Different Types Of Fluid Bed Concentrators

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The river was too high this morning at 06:00, so I snooped around the internet and found a recent Dan Hurd Video using a fluid bed concentrator. Having used a different version myself, I put together 2 comparison videos, one of each. Dan's video goes into more tech. data explanations. If you find these machines intriguing, you can get more information yourself on where, how and how much $$$. I like to use mine when I am tired and not in the mood to haul all my equipment down to the river, and instead, find a nicer shady, less physically demanding place to get gold.

attachment.php

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
About 15 year's ago I built my Fluid Bed to be mounted on the tail of my 4 inch dredge only to realize that I failed to think of the weight of the material (black sand , bullets , gold ,etc.) that would be trapped in the sump of my fluid bed device. What I should have done was to mount it in the middle of my sluice to maintain buoyancy of my set-up . I removed it and built another to be mounted in the middle of my balance point BUT never got around to installing it due to one thin or the other. Now after all this time I wish I had installed it BUT time march's on and now I'm to old and beat up to do it !:dontknow:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one Dan herd is standing next too is a neat machine. Very well thought out and constructed. It also seems to be better suited for cleaning your gold rather than processing material. The quicksand looks cool. I built something similar a week or so ago. I used a clear piece of lexan so I could see what?s happening. It?s got some work to be done but definitely separated the cons I had laying around.

Hard rock university on you tube runs a Keene machine that?s a huge fluid bed. Charged with something like 5 buckets of material. It?s got me thinking of building something similar but not as large. The gold here in Ohio is so fine I?ve been collecting black sands to run a smelt. Lots of interesting minerals should be a fair bit of silver given the deposits the glaciers would have cut through getting here.

Half the fun of my prospecting is building things and experimenting.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My over / under 4 inch dredge was set up to allow the fines to drop to the lower box at the head of the upper sluice and the bigger stuff was set up to be captured there on the top sluice.. I had LOT'S of fun with it until it was sold. BUT 6 months latter I bought a Keene 4 inch dredge from my friend and then about 9 months latter I HAD to sell it also because of being a F.O.G. !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread