What kind of Drywasher do you use?

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an "ol yeller" 12 volt full size unit and a smaller sampling hand pump drywasher also.

Attachments

• SANY0808.JPG
    SANY0808.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 3,474
  • SHEPS UNIT  11 004.jpg
    SHEPS UNIT 11 004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 3,044

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought the machine above from Frank and new to drywashing. At this time, I'm just sampling areas where I've found gold w/ a detector before. I started bringing the material home in buckets and spread on tarps to dry (way too slow!). Found it'll run the material straight from the ground and easier, just run it through a couple of times. Each time, it drys out more. This material is not damp, in any way shape or form; but as someone said above, you can see the colour change after a couple of runs. I'm happy with it!

rebroker

Greenie
Mar 20, 2007
extractor said:
Just wondering what dry washer ya all are using. I use a Keene 151 ,with a Honda engine. It works great! :coffee2:

Yes, I had a 151...they are good, but w/engine way too much for one guy to move about in the deserts.

CROCK of COINS

Greenie
May 11, 2007
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Keene 151, older model w/the B&S engine. Had to put a NEW fan blade on it :-)
Now to get out and use it

Jerry

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
CROCK of COINS said:
I have the Keene 151, older model w/the B&S engine. Had to put a NEW fan blade on it :-)

as far as im concerned that drywasher(Keene 151 w/the B&S engine) is the best drywasher out there

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
russau said:
CROCK of COINS said:

as far as im concerned that drywasher(Keene 151 w/the B&S engine) is the best drywasher out there
What other dry washers have you used?

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with a battery style puffer drywasher, it was very quiet and great at getting gold but, alas i thought it was a little slow... i now have a gold buddy with a leaf blower , it is faster which means i can put more thru it (more shovel work) and it gets the gold also
BUT, i really miss the puff,puff,puff of the old puffer. just something about the sound thats
very comforting. geo

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
:icon_scratch: R U lookn' fer gold or comfort??John :hello:
I'ma lookin fer the gold!
but, i got it all figured out..after i get 30 ounces of gold with the gold buddy i'll go back to the puffer, then after 10 ounces with the puffer i'll go back to the gold buddy. That way i'll have the best of both worlds every week or so...LOL
So how you doing so far this fall? geo

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I have a puffer and a Gold Buddy, the Gold buddy works me to hard, but it does retieve the gold.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Bought this one at the Flea Market for $40.00

Don't know who made it but I think I see parts of a Ol Yellow in there.

SUNP0088-1.jpg

SUNP0087.jpg

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
I have a Keene 151 with the Honda motor and also a home built three tray monster puffer unit that I have to tow with my truck. The big unit needs about 10 people to keep it fed, or a Bobcat works.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1911d said:
Hoser John said:
:icon_scratch: R U lookn' fer gold or comfort??John :hello:
I'ma lookin fer the gold!
but, i got it all figured out..after i get 30 ounces of gold with the gold buddy i'll go back to the puffer, then after 10 ounces with the puffer i'll go back to the gold buddy. That way i'll have the best of both worlds every week or so...LOL
So how you doing so far this fall? geo
Get the Wife/kid/helper/neighbor out on the puffer and run the Gold Buddy yourself. ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sierra Kid said:
I have a Keene 151 with the Honda motor and also a home built three tray monster puffer unit that I have to tow with my truck. The big unit needs about 10 people to keep it fed, or a Bobcat works.
kool can you post a picture of the big one for us to see. ??

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
Extractor,

Its being overhauled at the moment, but I did post some pics here about a year ago when I first bought it from an old timer who was living in a nursing home. I believe he built it. I played with it before I tore it down and he really seemed to have done a very good job on the design. I'll try and find the pics. :coffee2:

Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
One more...

Attachments

• DSC00608.JPG
    DSC00608.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,355
  • DSC00608.JPG