Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin for info on a "oldy"

I was going thru some old books and found a prospectors journal dated 1934-1937. The guy was in New Mexico making a living for his family of six. Any way he says that his pardner found for sale in Santa Fe a Finn drywasher. Which they bought for $$8.00. In reaserch I found a notation for a Finn's Patented Drywasher. I have not been able to find a patent. or any info watever.
Does any body know what one looks like?
:dontknow: :coffee2:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Re: Lookin for info on a "oldy"

do a google search for the patent website the do a search on their site for this item by name to get the patent number and info. then when you find it could you post it?

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, did it,,,,,,,,,, nothing!
Been all over the net.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

ill ask my ole friend Phil Hontz over in Albq. new mexico if he has ever heard of it. hes over on yahoogroups on the New Mexico prospectors

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Hay Arid-Zone-A-Seeker, I have never heard of a Finn Drywasher either . But out here in So. Cali during the depression there was a drywasher made called a ā€œBeckā€™sā€ , it was made out in randsburg Ca. . Beck has made these drywashers for yrā€™s , and I believe there was a small run of ā€˜em [6-12 ?] made a few yrā€™s back ?? Anyway Iā€™ve used one before , and I must say it was the best bellows type drywasher Iā€™ve seen or used . My buddyā€™s was set-up as a hand-crank, but Iā€™m sure they have been set-up with various motors in the past .
Iā€™m curious about the Prospectors journal from 1934-37 that you read about the Finn drywasher in ,.. Is it in print or was this an old original journal ,. Just been on the look out for a good old read ..

Have a look at a Beckā€™s , a fine depression era drywasher for sure ,.. Blindpig

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Guys, There are lot of good people here at t-net i am finding out. :coffee2:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim Straight is the official go to man for oldies but goodies info-he frequents Nuggetshooter forum and advertises in the great ICMJ monthly. I never heard of that one either and not in mags back to 80's either?? For fines retention and ease of use buy a blower fed,offset eliptical vibration model like a old PESCO or Keene. The adjustability of the offset camber is essential to address the specific gravity displacements of caliche and differing conglomerates on recovery feeds and speeds. Even Jims' great books post my old PESCO as the best of the best-tons a au 2 u 2-John :headbang:

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

H. John, Thanks, I am planning on building my own, I am just looking for that forgotten secert that's going to make my drywasher design the perfect one,,,,, Ha! the search goes on!
Arid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions