Built my first drywasher... - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Built my first drywasher...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2011
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Built my first drywasher...

Quote Originally Posted by russau
    my homemade drywasher is a blower type and it works fine for me. but ive been hearing that most people are getting away from this type and going back to puffers.my drywasher got beat up over the years and im redoing it and was thinking of building it into a puffer and use a 12vdc motor to run it. has anyone else heard this tobe true?

I think it's a mater of preference If you want peace and quiet you use a puffer, if you want lotsa gold use a blower, no I don't know which is best but I think you can run more material with a blower. I wana get a puffer too! Check this site http://olyeller.wordpress.com/gen-2-photos/

us
    Feb 2012
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Built my first drywasher...

Nice looking unit. Unfortunately my experience is more with wood than metal. But that is tempting to try.

us
    Apr 2009
    Murrieta Ca
    Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
    21 times
    I am under the belief blower drywashers move material faster. Puffers are definitely more peaceful. I wont argue that. We all find our own style and pace. There is no wrong way as long as you are having fun and your machine traps gold. =) BTW a little note to those who may consider making their own drywasher. I started this thread a couple years ago. I've made a couple modifications, but my unit is still running just fine. Modifications made: I chopped my riffle height to trap less concentrates. I copied wizbangs idea to adjust the hopper angle and I've drilled out and replaced a couple rivets. Nothing more really other than changing the air plate cloth which is a common need on all drywashers. Ohh, and considering the requests I have had over the last 2 years I may indeed change my mind and begin producing drywashers for sale I have been on many club outings and prospecting campouts where I meet folks randomly. Not once have I received a negative comment on my drywasher. I have ideas to modify the design and put it into production so I may have to eat my statement earlier in this thread about putting them to market.
    Last edited by Jack Hamilton; Sep 23, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Gelmac likes this.
    www.Hamiltontileandstone.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links