blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
A Few Ideas ,.?

DSC05711rs640x.jpg

Hi all,.
Haven't been out since Dec , and this leads me to my first problem . Back in Dec I did a bit of vacuuming out in the Dale , and this blower ran like crap!! have it running good now . I do believe its "issues" are due to this crap-gas with 10 % alcohol these days . Now , I keep fresh gas with "Stable" in it , I'll drain my tools , but I don't run em dry ?? Well , last saturday I was pick'n up a new pole-saw and I expressed my concerns about this crap-gas and was directed too this can of real gasoline ,..made as Mother -Nature intended ,. from 100% dead dinosaurs !! Its a bit pricey at $6.00 half gal , but intend to run it only for the last 10 min.,. better to run it all the time !Anyway its a start , going to look into other sources for "real-gas" ,.I know a few that race ?? and maybe Coleman gas is made from pure dead dinosaurs ,. not disclosed on there web-site ? I'm open too any other idea's?
Also in the pic you can see the box I store / transport my blower in . Its made to hold the blower when dry-wash'n , I keep a few sample bags & things in it ,.. not a great innovation , but works for me ?
You can also see the inner-tube seal , that works really well . The "snap-fit" of your O' bucket lid for your vacuum will fail ,. eventually . This was originally a "Red-Neck" fix that a buddy of mine ,Joeforthe...d , ..came up with . I believe it to be better then new,.and added it to mine from the get-go!! Yeah,.. go figure cheaper & better,.. he comes up with some great ideas ,.. but ,. O' Lord ,.he's SUCH a Red-Neck .. ;D !

Anyway there you go ,.. Blindpig ...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Few Ideas ,.?

grab a can of Sea Foam. Add it to the gas when running it, and add it to the cylinder per the instructions on the can when you run it dry at the end of your season. They sell it at Wally World. I've been using it in antique engines for a couple years now since being clued in by some old timers that are really into restoring antique engines.

So far, I've only re disassembled one engine after using it. Clean as a whistle. I'm using gas straight out the pump ethanol and all.

Hope that helps you out!

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Thank's Boogyman,.. sorry about my late "thanks" here ,..read your advice earlier this week , I've all but gave-up try'n to post during the week as my inner-net is well ,.. Hit N' Miss at best !! This is maybe fine for a antique engine ,.. but really sucks for a inner-net connection !!
This Sea- Foam maybe the fix I need , as I don't use my chain-saw's and such on a weekly /monthly basis . I'll also pass this on too my O' timer Dad ,... he loves to play with O' tractors and such ,.. fixes 'em up ,.. then leaves 'em to rot !

DSC04426 rs600x450.jpg

Some of Dad's toy's , he has 50-100 of 'em ,..I have no idea ,.. or him for that matter ,...former Rocket scintist he is ,...REALLY !!

Made it out for some Dry-wash'n late Thursday & Friday ,.. did good ,.. I'll try post'n something here latter today about it ,. Maybe title it " Pig's day in the sun " or som'n ??

Anyway ,..ya seem to be a nice guy ,.. contrary to what my parents had to say about "The Boogeyman" , back in the day..
Thanks again,.Blindpig

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't laugh at Ole Dad!!!!! Looks like he's got a pretty decent retirement fund sitting in the yard! The parts & equipment he has will only go up in value as a lot of valuable parts are getting ground up & sent to China as junk iron. Restoring an old piece of equipment a lot of times is a big headache, but worth it's weight in gold for a feeling of accomplishment. Kind of fun to see an old farmers "repair" and think, I would've never thought of that.

If you get stuck or need advice or parts look at the Smokestack site. Great bunch of people and they've saved me weeks of research on some of my projects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions