ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well last night my wife and I ran the concentrates from drywashing Gold Basin, AZ GPAA claim Bahde 10.

Results...well hold on , this is what we did.

At GB we were using our new Thompson puffer drywasher. We arrived early Saturday with a plan. We left the truck and off we went with a shovel, bucket, Broll bucket cart and #2 classifier.

We sampled 6 sites, separated into 1 gallon ziplocks and labeled with gps coordinates. We returned to the truck and decided to relocated to a ridge and set up the tent. After that (of course the wind kicked up and had to fight that) we panned the classified material and was skunked. Some samples had some black sand,,,but no Gold!

O well...we set up the drywasher in a wash and ran some material. We found that we had to classify the material as the grizzly on the drywasher is too coarse. We went with a #8 after a #2 and it worked great. We will be buying a #4 & #6 to see if they work better so we can increase output.

We packed up for dinner and did a little metal detecting until dark (no luck)

Next day we broke camp and relocated to the area that had more black sand and ran all morning. We had a great feeling about our second site. We saved our concentrates and headed home.

Last night we ran the concentrates into the Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery System and found about 3 flakes of gold. O well...

We did have some great learnings:

Increase sampling-do not drywash until gold is found
New tent (Sportz by Napier) nice product
Broll bucket cart-great product
Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery System-works well after learning curve
Thompson puffer drywasher works all day on a motorcycle battery and the material needs to be classified
Use dry ice not frozen water bottles

Going out again tomorrow-we will see

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive been using dryice for several years and 1 thing to remember is to put cardboard between your DI and food also put card board or heavy paper over the top of everything to keep it longer.and tell people not to open this cooler unless your getting something. and use gloves to prevent freezer burns.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
when buying dry ice i always ask for broken peices, its cheaper and they usually have a lot of it. plus your going to break it anyway to fit into your cooler.

latnem

Greenie
Nov 18, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
russau said:
ive been using dryice for several years and 1 thing to remember is to put cardboard between your DI and food also put card board or heavy paper over the top of everything to keep it longer.and tell people not to open this cooler unless your getting something. and use gloves to prevent freezer burns.

Good tips guys, I will be looking into purchasing dry ice for my next trip.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahaulil, the real GOLD at Gold Basin are the meteorites. Did you know of them? Around Bahde 13 or 14 is a strewn field. But, Duh! Of course you know... it's mentioned in the GPAA mining guide. That's how I found out. I'll be out that way in March to try to find mine. I'm sure you'll find more than just a few flakes of gold. Keep looking and good luck. TTC

OP
OP
ahaulil

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we were a little south of Bahde 13 and 14 the last few weeks working the drywasher and metal detector.

Last week we ran some old dry washer piles with the puffer and did pretty good. Easy digging.

During breaks I got the old T2 out and found a nice meteorite, I believe. Darn thing sounded off so loud that I thought I had dropped my magnet and ran my detector over it! Lots of hot rocks around to keep it interesting. My wife found a crescent wrench about 8 inches down in pretty good shape.

Feeling lucky stopped on the way home and bought Powerball tickets. Got 1 number. So back to work this week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread