Earthquake classifier? Only?

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
Really glad that you found us on YouTube. Why did your intrigue end upon discovery that it was "only" a classifier? That is what it was designed to be. It separates rock from dirt and does it very well (and quite rapidly I might add!) All seasoned veterans know that fine gold recovery comes from well classified material.

What would you like the EARTHQUAKE to do? We are very interested in what our customers think. Please, let me know what we missed. We are constatantly testing new ideas that will make prospecting less strenuous and more profitable for the miner. If you have an idea, let us know. If we don't yet have it in the design/testing phase, your ideas might well benefit yourself and many others. My phone # is listed on the web site. Thank you for the input.

Russ

Attachments

• Snapshot 3 (6-12-2011 3-34 PM).png
    Snapshot 3 (6-12-2011 3-34 PM).png
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,368
OP
OP
Goldbear

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Since it was already vibrating, and quite well, I expected to see a catcher underneath where the gold would be vibrated to the bottom into a removable cup, with the lighter material floating out holes or ridges higher up. Eliminate any further need to handle the material. I am quite sure it could be done. Do this without the dust cloud of a drywasher and its a real winner.

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
Thanks Goldbear for the input. I think I understand what you are saying, classify all the way to concentrate. I wonder if a funnel type setup would do what you envision. The heavies would settle to the bottom of the cup. This might even work with dry material, for sure with water.

We have 2 types of customers using the machine now. Many, like us, use it to prepare material for use in the Drywasher or to quickly classify material to ensure fine gold recovery in their sluice or high banker. This user generally classifies to 1/4" or 1/8", depending on their finishing equipment. The other type uses the EARTHQUAKE in their finishing room cleaning cons down to as far as 100 mesh. Though we designed the EARTHQUAKE for high volume field use, these are the guys that amaze me. They pull gold from disposed of tailings.....I love classified material!

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
Thanks for the ideas Goldbear. You got me and my partners thinking. What you are talking about just might work with just some slight modifications to the EARTHQUAKE. We are going to do some testing. I have notified the R&D Department (that means I called my partner!) of your ideas. Keep an eye out for some additions to the machine. Thanks for the ideas. Miners are amazingly innovative!

Anybody else have any suggestions?

www.BBRmfg.com

rocksteady

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i am just getting stared and don't have a lot of money and need to get going the best way. this earthquake classifier looks like it helps a lot from the videos i have seen. has some one see one or have one that can point me the right way thanks

samcourt

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a EARTHQUAKE about 2 months ago it been a great addition to my goldmining process, in the last 2 months i processed alot more meterial than before. In return i'm finding more gold. I think it speaks for it self and is a great investment.

OP
OP
Goldbear

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Well I have an interest in drywashing but with asthma, don't want to be around a dust cloud producing drywasher. Your EARTHQUAKE made me think it was an alternative. Didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't doing the job it was built for. I think a series of progressive funnels made from metal that could be attached to any bucket with the bottom removed might do the trick. Have to give plenty of area for vibrated material to move out, but a design that the heavier gold would funnel down thru to the bottom into a cup and not be moved out the side. May require a minimum classifier specified on top for that fine gold. Good luck with the invention. I will be waiting for info. Would love to have a free prototype for a review and write up! LOL.

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
The idea that you planted with us actually enticed my partner to go to the shop this morning and do a little experimenting! We are definitely going to do some trials based on your idea. If we can actually find a way to effectively concentrate with the EARTHQUAKE, and I think we can, we will do something for you.

I think eliminating the dust is a much more daunting challenge. That is going to be a tough one! The EARTHQUAKE doesn't make near as much dust as our drywasher. The modifications that we are discussing will keep the dust about knee high. So with the wind in the right direction and a good design, we might get you out enjoying the 'drywashing' experience. There is a lot of gold to find out there. I will let you know what we come up with. Keep an eye on the website, too. I try to update pics of what we are up to. Again, thanks for the input.

http://www.BBRmfg.com

rocksteady

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi samcourt rocksteady here i like the earthquake videos and i love the idea of no shaking a bucket i don't like eating the dust or being on my knees. my uncle has a bucket wobbler you shake and i get tired in a short time and real dirty so if you can help me on the hands on you have had with your earthquake i will talk him into getting one thanks

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soo....anyone else think "rocksteady" and "samcourt" is the same guy planted in this thread to do some business boosting for the earthquake thing? Just a thought. If so, I think that's a pretty bad self-promotion and would much rather hear authentic comments and see more evidence of the device's effectiveness.

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
OK Goldbear, I know it has been a while since you "prodded" us into this challenge!

My partners took this challenge to heart and I think they have come up with something that you might be interested in. They have developed a very nice 12 volt bellows drywasher that fits nicely under the EARTHQUAKE classifier and eliminates ANOTHER step in the Gold refining process. It puts a very nice drywashing plant in one simple, compact machine. It is truly designed for the prospector that wants to move the most amount of material with a small amount of equipment (and labor). It really is pretty cool.....raw material in one end, concentrate out the other!! It will be ready for market soon.

It will be debuted in the EARTHQUAKE booth at the Fresno, CA GPAA Show next week and again in Las Vegas next month. Should have pics up on the website soon. Hope you can come check it out.

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea that you planted with us actually enticed my partner to go to the shop this morning and do a little experimenting! We are definitely going to do some trials based on your idea. If we can actually find a way to effectively concentrate with the EARTHQUAKE, and I think we can, we will do something for you.

I think eliminating the dust is a much more daunting challenge. That is going to be a tough one! The EARTHQUAKE doesn't make near as much dust as our drywasher. The modifications that we are discussing will keep the dust about knee high. So with the wind in the right direction and a good design, we might get you out enjoying the 'drywashing' experience. There is a lot of gold to find out there. I will let you know what we come up with. Keep an eye on the website, too. I try to update pics of what we are up to. Again, thanks for the input.

EARTHQUAKE Vibrating Gold Classifier

It would not be hard or expensive to put a vibrating sluice under the classifier.

Based on the amount of vibration I see in the videos I'm assuming that there is vibration in the frame. You could attach 2 to 4 springs to the bottom of a sluice attached to the frame under the bucket. Sluice, springs, frame.

You can get some vibrating sluice ideas from: http://www.chem.unep.ch/mercury/HylanderEtal_CLEAN-07.pdf

rcoops

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2011
Hey Nick. We do have ideas about using a sluice under the machine. However, your assumption that there is vibration transferred to the frame is incorrect. There is literally no vibration transferred, all goes to the classifiers. That is why it works so well as a classifier. Thanks for the link. It appears to have allot of useful information.

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The easiest and best thing to do in my opinion would be to put a bucket or any kind of container under the classifier and make a vortex in the container. Any gold will be dead center in the very bottom of the container.

A water stream could be used to make the vortex. As long as the vortex is strong enough to keep everything moving in the container all of the gold will be dead center in the bottom of the container. As the bucket fills the lighter materials will continually spill out the top of the bucket.

Have you seen my two bucket method?
The test cap in the bottom of the bucket will hold all the gold. It will hold gold so small that you cant see it without magnification.

I don't know if there is a cheaper more effective way to concentrate the material being classified.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey goodyguy, looks like a real nice set up. how is it working for you? very interesting.
take care. ron

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey goodyguy, looks like a real nice set up. how is it working for you? very interesting.
take care. ron

Thanks Ron,

I added a spring suspension and now have dual 12V orbital sanders working in syncrination for a wild shaking action! It definitely gets the job done of washing and classifying material down to 1/8" for running through my vortex gold trap which catches gold all the way down to microscopic size!

I couldn't be happier with the 1,000 lb per hour performance.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions