Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Plank...

Welcome to the forum...

The amount gold, you recover is directly proportional to the effort you put into it....plus knowing for sure, by lots of reseach and testing, one area after another, until you settle on an area that produces reasonable amounts of gold that you're satisfied with...then go for it !...Hopefully, you can figure a way to get out and try your hand at it... If you do...you'll be hook by the greatest healthy and fun addiction of a hobby in the world...

Good luck to you....

Klondike...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much earth would I have to move to make a decent profit with this? If possible? I'm just curious, I probably won't be able to afford it anyway.

First you need a producing gold claim. Then for every 10 (five-gallon) buckets you run, you can expect to average about .5 - .75 grams. It is hard, dusty work..

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plank, Where is Palmdale? You may want to do the drywashing in AZ. Much drier than most areas in CA. The rockys wring out most of the precip before the clouds get to AZ. Just a thought. .TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I found Palmdale. You're not far from some arid regions... sorry. TTC

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who are perfect terry do absolutely nothing to achieve that perfection. You on the other hand keep on a tryn' Terry to help folks out and that's MUCH better as to err is human,thanx-John PS-ifn' ya go drywashing a good quality dust mask is mandatory to prevent Desert Valley Fever as a killer,CDC has the details and it's ugly......

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those who are perfect terry do absolutely nothing to achieve that perfection. You on the other hand keep on a tryn' Terry to help folks out and that's MUCH better as to err is human,thanx-John PS-ifn' ya go drywashing a good quality dust mask is mandatory to prevent Desert Valley Fever as a killer,CDC has the details and it's ugly......
Tnx for the pat on the back, John. We should all be like a sponge....soak it up till full.... then give it back. We were all newbies at one time. I choose to give it back. Also, That Valley Fever hit one of the guys at the Stanton Camp last year. BOOM, he was in the hospital. Could have been bad if not properly diagnosed, but the hospitals around here see enough cases to keep it "in the radar". Tnx again. TTC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Hoser John said:

I got so dawn suck after a weekend of dry washing in Mojave with no mask. This was the only time I didn't use a mask and go figure. Out for almost 3 weeks coughing up a lung. Ughhh. Wear a mask!! One with a one way valve I would suggest.

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Klondikeike said:
Hello Plank...

Welcome to the forum...

The amount gold, you recover is directly proportional to the effort you put into it....plus knowing for sure, by lots of reseach and testing, one area after another, until you settle on an area that produces reasonable amounts of gold that you're satisfied with...then go for it !...Hopefully, you can figure a way to get out and try your hand at it... If you do...you'll be hook by the greatest healthy and fun addiction of a hobby in the world...

Good luck to you....

Klondike...

Last weekend decided to do something different. Sample with my dry washer (Keene 151) to a bunch of different locations in Mojave. All with in a few miles of each other. Was really hoping to find a place I thought was good color so I can plant my dry washer but never found it. So I just kept moving to new places. Got kinda exhausting moving my gear all day for 4 days. But that's prospecting right.

image-246424130.jpg

This was from this last weekend. 4 days and moving a lot of material. Not to happy with the results but I didn't strike out! Lol

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend decided to do something different. Sample with my dry washer (Keene 151) to a bunch of different locations in Mojave. All with in a few miles of each other. Was really hoping to find a place I thought was good color so I can plant my dry washer but never found it. So I just kept moving to new places. Got kinda exhausting moving my gear all day for 4 days. But that's prospecting right.

View attachment 708758

This was from this last weekend. 4 days and moving a lot of material. Not to happy with the results but I didn't strike out! Lol
Don't knock it, M-Y. Some guys out east can only DREAM of that much gold. Tnx for the pic, friend. TTC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Amen TC, def not gonna complain. Ok maybe just a littttle.. Lol. My bud took over my hole when I thought it was done, and later that day, he found a nugget in the hole I was working. Just one more foot into the bank. Happy for him, but dang, I did all the heavy work for him! Guess that's prospecting as well.

That PCSC claim I was working still puts out great gold and I'm taking pretty good sized nuggets. Next time I am not leavin that area. All my buds pulled out pickers and I was down the gulch hauling my gear around from spot to spot looking for the big pickle.

Lesson learned here:::: don't move spots when your finding gold! Hahaha.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With enough hard work, I bet one day you find a big ol' nugget that shines just like those shoes Scott. They teach you to buff out leather like that in the fire academy? I heard you LA boys are hard core for sure!

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Yo Rob,

From your mouth to Gods ears as my mom would say. Hope all the hard workers find some big nugs.. I sure know, one day I will find it. Thanks for the cheers!

Yup, this is true... We can be a bit aggressive on the fire attack side. :) Part of the gig right.. Go hard. You know brotha...

Hope all is well.
Scott

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey TC, this is for you. Told you I'm not nearly as good looking as you in my dress uniform!! Hahaha.

View attachment 709324
Mellow, we ALL signed the bottom of the same page! That's what counts. Thank you for your sacrifice and service to this fine counry! Terry

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
TerryC said:
Mellow, we ALL signed the bottom of the same page! That's what counts. Thank you for your sacrifice and service to this fine counry! Terry

Hey terry, just saw this. Thank you sir! And back at ya... Yes we did all sign didn't we... Guess that's why I'm working on Christmas and Christmas Eve :( Is what it is right!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plank, if you haven't already you should join the AVTHS [Great claim Bonanza Gulch] and The OC prospectors. Bothclubs have some outstanding claims

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions