Suggestions - Opinions Please

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All...

I know of numerous locations in Nevada with large quantities of fine gold but no water. I've never used a dry washer and don't know if they are made large enough to process the quantity of classified material I would want to process.

I'm looking at a Billy Goat truck loader:
Billy Goat - Product Video
Core Aerator, Debris Loader, Power Rake

I'm thinking the Billy goat loader could suck in the classified materials and blow it thru 6" x 100' of corrugated pipe to retain the gold.
Solid Corrugated Single Wall Drain Pipe, 6 in. x 100 ft. - 3152408 | Tractor Supply Company

It could be blown thru the corrugated rolled up (up or down) (on edge or flat), straight, ect to find which layout works best.

I could then use conventional means using water to process the cons at a location with water.

I've thought of but never tried using the corrugated pipe to dredge. I think the corrugated would work with a dredge and dry!

Your opinions? Thoughts?

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, until I try it I won't know how much material? I want to process more than a conventional dry washer.

The loader can do up to 3100 cfm (cubic feet of air per minute). Its pretty powerful & will suck a lot of classified material.

What I'm wondering is if the corrugated pipe will do the job of riffles & capture the gold efficiently. I want to use 100' of 6" or 8" corrugated.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the largest bellows drywasher I've seen
Bet it raises quite a cloud of dust :o

bigdrywash.jpg

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The property you want to work is also a predicating factor in your hunt. Desert areas are restricted to hp constraints,occupation,bonds etc stc stc. We at PESCO made quite a few gang bangers(3 standard sized drywashers with a common feed on a trailer) in days of old and definately doable as all smaller enginers in all,even the vibrating classifier. Hence mo' info is mandated to answer your question. In the desert air is king-and offset eliptical vibration is the answer-John

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the material your wanting to suck up will completely destroy that machine in no time.plus if it works for awhile, that corregated plastic pipe would get plugged up and itll also be destroyed by the material.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noy only will the material do as russau said it will also build up some powerful static electricity. I use to run a big commercial vac truck and saw the static blow apart 8" pvc pipe and once it shot off of some 6" corrigated drain pipe and knocked a guy out. Moving dry material through plastic at high velocity can be dangerous.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've given up on that idea and will have to find something else to use.

Thanks for the replies, info and advice.

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at a Billy Goat truck loader:

I'm thinking the Billy goat loader could be setup like a dredge by putting a Y at the discharge so the dirt/rocks would not have to pass thru the impeller. The force of the air being discharged would cause suction from the y. A dredge for dry land. 2000 to 5500 cfm depending on the model.

The output would go to a vortex setup I have in my head that would be really hard to put into words.

Your opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread