Bazooka Dry washer

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALWAYS WEAR A MASK! ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!!!

That said, the concept looks interesting. I'd like to see the cleanup on this thing.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BAMBOOZLAJERKA STRIKES AGAIN--great at emptying your wallet and NOT much else. Dozens of gas powered sand suckers on the market for over 40 years. OR simply make your own with a gas powered blower,5 gallon sealed bucket with 2 holes and RV sewer hose. DIY on a dozen sites on the net for under a $100 dollar bill- John

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I am curious on is if the Gould application uses a type of fluid bed and how affective it is compared to the standard dry washer.

At first glance I am assuming this a dry application of the Bazooka Dredge. It would be interesting to see a Bazooka approach that could switch from liquid pump to air blower after a cleaning. :-)

The other youtube links seem to have developed an inline dry sluice to sit in the suction path.

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Internals of the Bazooka Dry Washer

What I am curious on is if the Gould application uses a type of fluid bed and how affective it is compared to the standard dry washer.

At first glance I am assuming this a dry application of the Bazooka Dredge. It would be interesting to see a Bazooka approach that could switch from liquid pump to air blower after a cleaning. :-)

The other youtube links seem to have developed an inline dry sluice to sit in the suction path.

The Gould Dry or Wet system seems to use a cyclonic separation method. The heavies are spun to the outside of the inner tube and deposited through internal slots. The lighter materials rush through the center air column and exit the system. The static build-up on the dry washer is interesting, I don't know if that helps or hinders the fine gold capture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From this site:

Gould Engineering Bazooka Dredge

"The heart of the design, which is patent pending, is the unique Separator. This new concept separates the precious heavy metals from the much lighter sand and gravel.

The lighter materials are un-effected by the separator and are swept through the device and exit out the aft end.
The heavy materials are greatly effected by the Separator. The first part of the Separator has a component, called the Concentrator, which causes the heavy, (High Specific Gravity), materials, as well as the water, to spin. The heavy materials, due to centrifugal force, are forced against the wall of the inter tube. The Separator tube, has 22 traps or slots which allow the heavy material to escape from the inter wall to the Main Storage Chamber. Once the heavy materials enter this Storage Chamber, they are trapped until the front end Nozzle Assembly component is released and the contents poured into a bucket. "

I think he is using the same tech as spinning various specific gravity items in a glass of water

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The water or dry Bazooka dredge might have small vanes in the front part of the unit to give the water or air some spin, then it might encounter angled slots to create eddy current to work with the spin...any thoughts?

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are some pictures of a home made bazooka type water dredge(internal) from this web site:
Bazooka tube dredge sluice
disassembled bazzoka ttpe dredge.jpg

The slits allow the fine heavies to be captured while the lighter(less dense) and larger material to be ejected. With the cyclonic air flow in the tube the heavies are thrown to the outside diameter wall with more drag(slowing down). Less dense material settles in the center and moves faster through the tube. Maybe the water and air dredges share the same type of internal tech.

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a portable blower type of air dredge(Gould) using a cyclone adapter..maybe great for cracks and drywashes Air Dredge.jpg

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So is that the standard bazooka implementation adapted for a blower instead of water pump?

Anyone seen a comparison on actual quality of recovery for this compared to other sluice or fluid bed implementations. Or specificaly in this case drywashers?

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started this thread to explore other ways of using tech to dry wash for gold. Gould is certainly trying other things. I had hoped others might take a look at this rotary cyclone tech and maybe try to build something to test. Certainly the first puffer drywasher wasn't very efficient...but it sure has evolved with blowers, shakers, electrostatic fabrics and such. The big thing gold has going for it....is has very high specific gravity....I thought the cyclone tech would lend itself to gold recovery.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cool old macuhine was the EZ Picken's Dry Washer. It used vibration for its recovery. Had a vacuum for to cause the vlbration and for sniping BR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions