DRYWASHER USING A DC BLOWER INSTEAD OF A GAS BLOWER
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: DRYWASHER USING A DC BLOWER INSTEAD OF A GAS BLOWER

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting

DRYWASHER USING A DC BLOWER INSTEAD OF A GAS BLOWER

I really like the quality in workmanship in the Royal Drywasher. What I do not like is using a gas powered blower. Gas, Oil, Noise and Environmental Impact , but mainly the noise. Has anyone tried using a 12 DC blower such as this blower below? This blower is rated at 550CFM, 1600 RPM, at 9 Amps. Most gas blowers are in the 450CFM. The entire unit is less than 10”x10”x10”. Would be very easy to adapt a 3” output pipe to the blower.

Those that operate a DW and use a gas blower I am wondering if you use it full throttle, half throttle, etc? If I can lower the CFM this will lower the Amp draw.. Would be very easy to make a rheostat to control the RPM to lower the Amp draw as well.

Attachment 713861

The Royal Drywasher,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roy1vm.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	713862

Name:	roy2w.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	713868

Name:	roy3n.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	713869

Name:	roy4.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	713872

Name:	roy5.jpg 
Views:	864 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	713873

Name:	roy6.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	713874
    Last edited by AzViper; Aug 23, 2014 at 09:22 PM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Mar 2012
    California
    Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A setup like that could definitely work. The key thing would be controlling the dust around the blower. 12v blowers can be expensive so that would be one drawback.

One benefit gas engines have is the heat they give off can help in removing any moisture in the material your tossing in.

That vid is interesting, although I wonder why they decided to use two conveyor belts in their design. Too many moving parts to worry about IMO.
    Last edited by soupfreak; Dec 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4135 times
    You can easily use an 18v cordless leaf blower to supply your DW.
    You will also need a couple of deep cycle 12v batteries wired in parallel for a long lasting power supply.

The leaf blower will run slower on 12v but still should produce enough air velocity to power the DW.
    If it still blows too hard your rheostat idea should take care of that.

Happy GP!

GG~

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    How about a puffer? As far as noise, you can't beat them.

Last edited by Oakview2; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakview2 View Post
    How about a puffer? As far as noise, you can't beat them.
    But will they process the dirt that a gas / electric power drywasher will process? From what I read they will not.
    Last edited by AzViper; Dec 19, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Just dig better dirt and save your back and your ears
    gold tramp and Clay Diggins like this.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Hard to argue with increased production

Jul 2006
    49 times
    i run my dry washer at about half throttle, maybe less, depends on soil conditions.
    the best part of using a gas powered blower is that you can make it into a mack vac.
    its a very handy tool. almost always the best gold is on bed rock or in the crevices.
    many areas i go to i vacuum up the bed rock and find more gold that way than digging all day.
    drywasher likes this.

It is more than a hobby. It is a lifestyle .

Dec 2012
    Redding, Ca
    BGT Prospector BGT Super Mini Angus MacKirk Explorer South Yuba Mining Highbanker
    367 times
    Prospecting
    Does Royal make a puffer?
    Alan U
    "Crack Addict"

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdg Sluicer View Post
    Does Royal make a puffer?
    Nope... Not sure if they have one in the plans... But their equipment is quality through and through.

http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php/home
    Last edited by AzViper; Dec 25, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    I believe I will pursue the 120v blower using a small ultra quiet Honda generator I already own. With the Royal having the largest hopper of drywashers that I have seen and made to last is hard to ignore. I have watched many videos of the puffer style drywasher and the blower type drywasher, it only make sense to go with the unit that can process much more. With the blower motor being a shaded pole motor controling the RPM is very easy with a rheostat.

This is the 120v blower motor, looks like a gas blower housing.

Attachment 714772

Where did you find that blower? I've been looking for something similar for a project I'm working on.

GG~

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    Where did you find that blower? I've been looking for something similar for a project I'm working on.

GG~
    GoodyGuy, here you go. You will need to seach the entire site as they have many styles of, CFM, RPM, Voltages, $$$, Etc. If you plan to be able to contriol the speed with a rheostat you want to look for a Shaded Pole motor, Stay away from capacitor start motors. Search Results - GlobalIndustrial.com

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Saw this on the Arizona nuggett shooter forum, this would increase production

i have a large industrial dry wash for sale $300
    this is big & heavy & eats material at a very good rate
    i just re clothed the trays ( theres 4 of them)
    the trays are 5 feet long by 2 feet wide
    she will need some finishing touches like more welding on the legs & set up
    it works great on a small trailer to heavy to move around,,,
    & you will have to decide on the power drive ether a 110 motor or a briggs & possibly a feed conveyor would be the cats meow ..
    i do have a 5 hp briggs i would toss in for $40
    you must be able to pick this up in golden valley az by kingman & will need a pickup or trailer
    feel free to give me a call for more info 928-200-9446

this would work great for someone with a claim
    thanks for looking
    walt

gold tramp and Gelmac like this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    GoodyGuy, here you go. You will need to seach the entire site as they have many styles of, CFM, RPM, Voltages, $$$, Etc. If you plan to be able to contriol the speed with a rheostat you want to look for a Shaded Pole motor, Stay away from capacitor start motors. Search Results - GlobalIndustrial.com
    Could not find the blower pictured

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    Could not find the blower pictured
    Sorry I had looked at so many motors on the net I thought that was the site. These are the 12DC blowers but they have them in 115 volt. You may find them on Ebay cheaper as I had, but I decided to move a different direction and did not save that info...

Search DC Blower - Grainger Industrial Supply, Pg 4
    Goodyguy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links