kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the bump Russ. I hadn't seen this thread before. Looks like a fine design!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Suns UV / infer red light dry's out the plastic and it becomes brittle and cracks . Its best to keep it out of the sunlight when NOT in use to give it more life!

Russ you are correct in regards to the UV attacking the bucket material. All anyone needs to do is set a bucket out in the sun and just a matter of a few months in the Arizona summer sun the bucket will fall apart.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question has been raised if the Echo PB-250 can be used. I suppose may blowers can be used but how effective will the vacuum be? The Echo PB-250 does not have the three female molded threads that hold the intake guard in place. These three female threads are what the lid mounts to. Furthermore the PB-250 does not have the intake raised area where the rubber seal will fit onto.

This is why I picked the Echo PB-255 as the perfect blower to make my Viper Vac. Those that have receive my kit, received the entire Viper Vac from me, or has built the Viper Vac from the Echo PB-255 knows first hand how the Viper Vac was assembled. Back when I was researching for a blower I looked at every blower made or I had access to and the 255 was very easy to attach to the lid while providing a sealed container to create the most suction. These two images one being the PB-255 and the other being the PB-250 show its not going to be a clean install using the PB-250. The guard on the PB-250 is held in place by plastic clips. When the guard is removed you will not have that flat surface or the three female threads.

PB255.jpg PB250.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John if you have questions fill free to contact me. I am no longer making the kits due to not having the time, hopefully you have the tools to make the kit. I have not looked in some time if the model of the Echo blower is still available. Looks like I cannot edit my first post as the links are now dead.

Update: Looks like the blower is available, http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools...74Gs84-fdoeVRNWv2Zm65a3mhlpx2apxoCWV8QAvD_BwE

The 6 gallon bucket/lid can be purchased, https://www.grainger.com/product/7J...8997!&ef_id=WSdTlwAAAR9nIGh2:20170818163208:s

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kinda tickled as I still get private message on the Viper-Vac. In looking the Echo PB-255 is still available so building the Viper-Vac is still possible.

Keith

TXAUHunter

Aug 29, 2018
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Keith - I have taken up the task of building a Viper. Can't wait to start the project. I am in the process of gathering all of the parts and pieces. You wouldn't happen to have a piece of u-channel and a sticker hanging around by chance? :angel3:

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered all the parts a couple weeks ago. I took the time to put it all together today. It was a fun project, I spent more time making the circle jig for the router than building the vac! I broke off my 1/4 router bit, so sticking with the 1/2 to cut the backing pieces is the way to go. I also had 1/2 plastic sheet sitting around so I used it instead of 1/4. Thank's Kieth for posting the how to on your design. Well explained, and great pictures. Also the links for the parts was great, everyone still had the parts.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i would buy tru fuel for these,my would eat up all the rubber parts in a month.had to keep buying carb kits.i think it maybe the ethanol.tru fuel comes 50-1 and 40-1 premixed.6 or 7 dollars a quart.
good luck brad

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its been awhile that I have visited this site and all is not well, but its the cards I have been dealt so I just have to go with the flow and see what the outcome is... Hope everyone is well. Keith

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Its been awhile that I have visited this site and all is not well, but its the cards I have been dealt so I just have to go with the flow and see what the outcome is... Hope everyone is well. Keith

Can't forget you..... I built that crak-vac back in 2013 that you gave an excellent tutorial I and still have it.......That is one really rugged and good vac
Whatever the cards are you were dealt i hope it works out for you..... Stay positive my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread