Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2013
    SW MONTANA
    MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
    78 times
    Metal Detecting
    Very first class build. No wonder you built your own as it looks way better than any other I have ever seen.

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites Goldmaster GMT, Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
    55 times
    Prospecting, Zuks, Trails, Casita SD, Geocaching,
    AZViper
    That is one excellent build you did and i plan on building one sooner or later (Hope sooner)
    Home Depot only had the Echo PB250..... Do you think it would be just as good or is your PB255 better set-up for this task?_____
    Thanks again for the complete build info!
    Joe

Screw on Bucket Lid

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    I had to pick the same model up as you. I need to sit down with it and check it out on how to do it. Prob be a matter of opening the case and installing bolts through the case.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites Goldmaster GMT, Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kazcoro View Post
    I had to pick the same model up as you. I need to sit down with it and check it out on how to do it. Prob be a matter of opening the case and installing bolts through the case.
    I didn't buy the PB250 yet..... please let me know when you take that outer shell off if it looks the same as azvipers 3 screw setup on the pb255
    Good luck..... I really like that vac

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    The 250 is not the same. If price is the same, get the 255. The 250 does not have the holes. You will need to make your own. There are plenty of blower options out there if price is a problem. I built my first one out of a Craftsmen sit up blower that had the intake on the bottom. I got that one off Craigslist for $30. YOu could prob find one in a pawn shop pretty cheap...
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    Thanks..... I spent far too much on Christmas and will wait to find a deal on the 255. There is no hurry as i am using a dewalt 18 volt portable right now which isn't too bad and i converted one of the older batteries to alligator clips to hook to a small motorcycle battery.
    thanks for that feedback.
    I'm always out in the abbey claims in black canyon city in a white suzuki samurai so say hi if you ever see me.
    Joe

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    355 times
    Prospecting
    I say hey to everybody. I plan on going up bumblebee on sunday or monday and try some swinging. Can't let those lead bullets, brass casings and small, rusted pieces of steel alone...

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    Good Luck in Bumblebee.... Are you going on GPAA claims? ( I'm a member)______ Dig all Targets. LOL

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    355 times
    Prospecting
    No, going on un claimed area. If that doesn't pan out, I will hit some RR claims. Should be a good day for it. Cool and sunny. Damp ground, fresh uncovered hillsides(kinda).

us
    Jan 2012
    Pinal Mountains,Arizona
    Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD. White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013 Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
    519 times
    Prospecting
    Hey Joe, I will be with Kaz on Sunday. The 21st, Unless something happens on the highway.
    Kaz, Joe is a friend of mine. Talked to him a few times in Anthem.
    He and I still have to get and detect together. He has a Gold Bug II.

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    Matt,
    What a small world! Send me an email of what's goin' on.....
    Joe

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kazcoro View Post
    No, going on un claimed area. If that doesn't pan out, I will hit some RR claims. Should be a good day for it. Cool and sunny. Damp ground, fresh uncovered hillsides(kinda).
    I never worked up there and unclaimed land is great....... That's pretty neat you know Matt.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Joe Z,

I had done lots of checking with many blowers. The blower I used is the best of the bunch in mounting options. Why Nobody stocks this model I do not have a clue. I have a 250 I use around the house but the 255 is a better choice. On other models the mounting screws will need to be drilled countersink of which may make the blower prone to breaking out the mounting holes easier, also you may have issues with the fan blade hitting the screws. Believe me, in the field the vac will fall over as its top heavy until dirt builds up inside. Do yourself a favor and stick with what works and buy the 255. The 255 has a nice flat surface that allows the blower to sit flat and flush to the bulkheads I made.
    Last edited by AzViper; Dec 22, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    AZViper
    I sure appreciate that info.... I went thru all the other models looking for a flat base with no luck. I must have re-read your build at least 15 times......The 255 is the one.

Question:In your first post you said the PB251 was last years model...... will that one work as well with the flat base and mounting screws?________ Just in case i find a used one.
    thnx,
    Joe
    Last edited by Joe Z; Dec 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
    AZViper
    I sure appreciate that info.... I went thru all the other models looking for a flat base with no luck. I must have re-read your build at least 15 times......The 255 is the one.

Question:In your first post you said the PB251 was last years model...... will that one work as well with the flat base and mounting screws?________ Just in case i find a used one.
    thnx,
    Joe
    The 251 and 255 are of the same design, just a change in model numbers from year to year...

Home Depot sales the 255 online only not in the store. 255

Just remember buying used sounds good but can be a host of issues as you have no clue if the oil was mixed properly, was the fuel drained during no use, etc.
    Last edited by AzViper; Dec 22, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links