Where to find a used Drywasher

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where there is a brand new 90's model,gas,for around $500,plus shipping

OP
OP
R

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have a site or pics of drywasher

OP
OP
R

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok thank you

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Take a look at Royal Drywasher Explorer. Its $349.00 and new. Add a gas blower and you have a entirely new system. I have seen the Explores big brother and they are very well made. http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php/home

royalg.png

royalexplorer.jpg

• .063 Aluminum
• Fully enclosed hopper so no large rocks get in under the classifier clogging the flow valve.
• 15" X 18" Oversized hopper for easy feeding.
• 7" X 18" Recovery Box.
• The Explorer unit stands 38.5" tall at highest point and weighs 20 Lbs.
• All steel components are zinc plated for durability.
• Hopper adjusts to 3 feeding angles to accommodate different types of materials.
• Combination riffles laser cut from a single piece of steel for enhanced recovery.
• Baffled first riffle to ensure even air pressure to prevent blowout of ultra fine gold at first riffle.
• Dirt slide and adjustable flow valve.
• When riffles are opened, concentrates easily slide out.
• Easy no-tool breakdown. Nothing to lose.
• Electrostatic isolated recovery box.
• Comes with a 70 minute "how to" DVD.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

H-2, take a close look at the quality of all the photos. Look at the blower fan. They are using a pipe reducer and the legs are made from 1/2" EMT conduit of which is used in the electrical trade. The recovery box does not look to be bent on a brake. Not very precise. I would be afraid of losing gold more so than recovery gold, but you get what you pay for.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That bowleg drywasher looks like it was made in a high school metal shop. Not impressed at all.

B H I could not agree with you more. When you look closely it appear the the box does not have sharp 90 degree bends. It looks like someone made a wood brake and bent the metal on a rounded edge of a 2x4. Then the center hopper look like its seamed in the center. The metal looks to be galvanized sheet metal. The leg fittings that are attached to the hopper are electrical flex fittings. I would bet the person making this drywasher is an electrician by trade due to the use of electrical items, (Fittings & EMT Conduit) As I said you get what you pay for...

$(KGrHqFHJE!E92D-PCmdBPe-JOFhdQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know where I can find a used drywasher. I have looked in craigslist I dont want to spend alot of money because where I live its hard to find really dry dirt and I want it just incase I come across a place where I can't get my Highbanker into or maybe a decent new one for $400 or less.

AZ Desert Gold Ask Bret if he has what you are looking for!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
rhartman911,

Royal Drywasher are built right in your home state. You will not find a better built drywasher. In fact look at their website, everything they make is quality. As I said above you get what you pay for. Do some research and compare brands and models, don't take my word or anyone else. Look at the material size 0.63, hardware (stainless), and quality of the build, you will see the difference. Royal products are made using CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines that are precise.

Last edited:

Bob_T2

Jan 24, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a local prospecting club, you can ask the members. I bought a Keene 151 for $50 from a local club member. Needed some repairs but the price was right.

Bob

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a Gold Exorcist fan, they run about $425, great drywasher

( Your probably better off building your own though imo )

Last edited:

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't you make one out of a old dry tub and a gas motor attached to it? Just drill a few bigger holes to allow bigger nuggets to fall through, and a ripple box to catch the flakes?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread