Drywashing The Mojave

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know many of us are out in the Mojave drywashing so I thought I'd start a thread we all can contribute stories to.

Yesterday, out with my club Rt66 Gold Miners on our new Yellow Bird claim. Pulled a decent amount of gold out for my first time on a drywasher. Guys next to me each pulled fingernail sized nuggets out. There is a lot of gold still out there and I'd venture some damn good nuggets.

Gold1.jpg

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice... How many 5 gallon bucket did you run through your dry washer to recover that amount? Gas or Puffer dry washer?

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we ran close to 10. It was the club's drywasher, blower type, made by a member. Good machine, well built. We found most of the gold in the first 5. As we moved downstream on the caliche layer we noticed the gold disappearing. As soon as we moved back up above where we started digging the gold started flowing again. The bad part was, it was late and that was our last bucket. So, we know where the gold is next time we go out.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good to see you out and about Mr Lee.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent over 30 years playing in the Mojave Desert. I hope this thread doesn't die out

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More goodies from our claim. I was out detecting the other day and decided to bring home 2 buckets worth of material to run. 1st bucket lots of fly poop and this little guy. Hopefully his bigger brothers and sisters are in the other bucket.
Big Flake.jpg

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on Mellow! That's an excellent find! I love driving through the Randsburg area. I'd like it even better if I could hunt up there!

Congratulations.

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mellow, which claim were you on? I was on the Red Chipas Saturday, got one tiny chunk.

Last edited:

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have any of you guys worked the Crystal Claim? Any thoughts? Thanks.

OP
OP
M

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you guys worked the Crystal Claim? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I've metal detected the whole area, brought cons home to process. Nothing.

Todd, if you haven't already, find a few clubs. They usually have more productive claims than GPAA's.

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Mellow, which claim were you on? I was on the Red Chipas Saturday, got one tiny chunk.

I was on the Chispas as well on Thursday and Saturday. Then undecided to pack my gear and go down to the gulch area by Goler. That's near where I found the nug. Chispas was a great great claim, but hate to say it, it been worked really hard last few years.

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've metal detected the whole area, brought cons home to process. Nothing.

Todd, if you haven't already, find a few clubs. They usually have more productive claims than GPAA's.

MrLee, I did join PCSC and am on waiting list of TAFT. Any idea how long the waiting list is? I read somewhere that GPAA has a new claim in the area not in the book. Hopefully with easy access. The others aren't. I am hoping across Garlock RD and railroad tracks. Two alluvials meet up in this area. There is actually a operating placer mining operation here: Sleepy Bear Mining. I think the burrow claim is in this area.

ctodd

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Corona, CA
Detector(s) used
Royal drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mellow, were in the Gulch? Is is a claim. I am afraid to try those areas in fear of claim jumping. Do you know of any realiable maps showing wher claims are? Thanks, CT

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Mellow, were in the Gulch? Is is a claim. I am afraid to try those areas in fear of claim jumping. Do you know of any realiable maps showing wher claims are? Thanks, CT

Yes in goler gulch. Open land. At least were I was. There were tons of digging holes and about 5 other people dry washing near me. But they didn't know what I found!! Shhhh lol. All I'm gonna say bro! Wanna go back and work my hole again before u do! Lol

stegmj

Greenie
Mar 4, 2013
Edwards AFB, CA
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW, Want company!!!???

Mellow, I"m with RC on this one how do ya find out where the claims are? dont wanna ger a new hole in my head! Or owe the feds/owner royalties/fines

But I"m kinda new at this.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions