Puffer Drywasher Design Question

Bob_T2

Jan 24, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed that on some drywasher bellows systems there's only a single larger one way air flap valve. On others there are several smaller flapper valves. Can anyone explain the pro's and con's?.

I wonder if the single larger flapper valves aren't intended to allow the operator to hook up a blower hose to the single large hole and make the drywasher adaptable to either puffer or blower operation, but that's just my conjecture.

If anyone has any thoughts on which system works better (one large one way valve, or several smaller one way valves) I'd sure appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

Bob

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob.. i would Postulate that the several smaller ones are for greater amount of air over a smaller time space, leading to no suction thru your top end... on the same side this might also lead to more that can go wrong over the 1 air valve.. ie one of the 3 breaks/doesn't seal, witch one is it.. etc.. seeing as the valves ushually preform well.. i would say put in 3 smaller ones to allow for greater air intake over a shorter period and a reduction of pull thru your baffles.

OP
OP
B

Bob_T2

Jan 24, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems to make sense. If I wanted to try and be a scientist I could make a bottom plate with a large open area that could take inserts with different valve setups. I get accused of overthinking mining equipment and my "critics" are probably right...

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nahh ,not getting on you man! Just trying to be helpful.:pot-of-gold:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob , remember that a DW is a machine that you are going to throwing rocks at all day! Get Sam Radding's books on building minig equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread