drywashing contest

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
we should get this settled once and for all the whole power vs hand power,
I think having a contest to see wich is best would be better than all this chatter.

all you are showing is a bunch of backyard crap, lets get a couple machines out in the real world side by side and see what they will really do.
it would be intresting to see the results man vs machine.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
we should get this settled once and for all the whole power vs hand power,
I think having a contest to see wich is best would be better than all this chatter.

all you are showing is a bunch of backyard crap, lets get a couple machines out in the real world side by side and see what they will really do.
it would be intresting to see the results man vs machine.

If you’re going to do a comparison being side by side will not work unless you just testing how much material you can run in a given time frame. But to see how much gold is recovered from one machine to the next you would need to use the same material and know how much gold weight your dealing with. Then one can see how much one machine is working against the other machine. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you’re going to do a comparison being side by side will not work unless you just testing how much material you can run in a given time frame. But to see how much gold is recovered from one machine to the next you would need to use the same material and know how much gold weight your dealing with. Then one can see how much one machine is working against the other machine. :icon_thumright:

would just like to put one machine against the other, rake classify material, see who does 30 buckets 1/2 full the quickest.

dont believe theres any differance in gold recovery a dry washer is a drywasher powered or not.

i have both types of machines.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
would just like to put one machine against the other, rake classify material, see who does 30 buckets 1/2 full the quickest.

dont believe theres any differance in gold recovery a dry washer is a drywasher powered or not.

i have both types of machines.

Someone in these forums believes he can test drywashers side by side to see how much gold can be recovered and not realize that each shovel full may or may not hold the same gold value. Then boast one DW is better than the other DW due to collecting more gold.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15-full buckets? When the motorized drywasher is finished, you'll still have at least six buckets left to run with an old hand-cranker - and be tired! Think about it for a second. If a motor blowing air was not faster and easier, why would the machines exist? The old-timers would have killed for a motorized blower!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you guys win.

Gold Tramp its not about winning... The principal design of a powered or a puffer drywasher is basically the same from one brand of DW to the next DW. It really comes down to the finish and how that DW is setup in regards to being level side to side, angle of the recovery box, and feed rate. But to say one DW is better than the other based on these particulars is non-sense, but a powered DW verses a hand crank DW I would prefer powered. Then throw in the noise is another obstacle, I built a Vac / Blower using the newest Echo blower. The nice thing with the blower I chose is it has a Catalytic muffler and is quieter then other Echo Vac / Blower I built a view years ago.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
would like to ask how many buckets have you guys dug and run in the last 30 days ?

i was just looking to have a little fun like they used to do back in the days of the old county fair.

you guys take mining to serious, that takes all the romance out of roaming the hills prospecting, old timers would be ashamed of what some folks call mining now days.

I and one other have used my Vac and recovered 12 full 5 gallon buckets from peeling layers of rock back to exposed the rock and dirt within the crevices and have yet to classify any of it. Lots of work using steel wedges, sledge hammers, and picks. Need to setup a recirculating sluice.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

In the last thirty-days, none. In the last thirty years, more than I can remember. I'm just giving you my opinion GT, not trying to take the "fun" out of it for you. I prospect for money, not fun. Gold prospecting is hard work, not fun. Being out in the desert is fun. If you enjoy digging ditches, then you should enjoy the "romance" of placer gold mining. :occasion14:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I am new to this, but I would think that the old timers would be jealous. They obviously did what they did to make a living.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i had the good fortune to have known a couple of oldtime miners, they went over the Divide very poor, but left behind holes that they hacked out of mnts with bare hands.
they had more pride in the holes they dug and talked more about the dig than the gold that they found.

they also left behind a heck of a testament to one mans abilatys to go after something know matter how hard the job.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a past manufacturer of drywashers and inventor of offset elliptical vibration under our PESCO banner I can attest to the following. We went to dozens of contests,ran 100s of side by side demos over a 12 year period and not once did a puffer ever come even within 50% of volume or 60% of retention. Puffer is like throwing sand in the air and praying the wind carries away the bad stuff. Constant flow creates a liquidified--albeit dry-fluidized bed and that offset elliptical throw makes the lighters materials go. Go briggs with a simple low tone muffler and them mini blowers scream is eliminated. John

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 176
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As a past manufacturer of drywashers and inventor of offset elliptical vibration under our PESCO banner I can attest to the following. We went to dozens of contests,ran 100s of side by side demos over a 12 year period and not once did a puffer ever come even within 50% of volume or 60% of retention. Puffer is like throwing sand in the air and praying the wind carries away the bad stuff. Constant flow creates a liquidified--albeit dry-fluidized bed and that offset elliptical throw makes the lighters materials go. Go briggs with a simple low tone muffler and them mini blowers scream is eliminated. John

View attachment 775117 View attachment 775116 View attachment 775119 View attachment 775120

Heres a couple sand piles we tossed into the air.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wher's my Blanket?? just watched a Mongolian Expedition to get gold.. saw a keene with a blower, saw a bunch of people doing the blanket thing too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread