Keene MiniDry Washer Combination

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using the Keene MiniDry Washer Combination (DW212V) for the past 13 months, and alas I am not happy with it: in fact I have been disappointed by its flaws. I have addressed a few of the flaws via modifications, two of which I made YouTube videos about:

Gold Is Where Others Have Found It - YouTube

The one I am now using is the second DW212V I have owned, as the first one was stolen and the second one was a gift from my sibling. I did not know my brother was going to give one to me--- if I had known I would have told him to get a dry washer from some other supplier than Keene. I do not like "dissing" Keene and their DW212V, but its flaws are obvious, major, and without excuse. Perhaps Keene makes a different model that is superior--- I do not know.

At the moment I see six major flaws with the DW212V, only three of which I have addressed in my videos and two of which I fixed with less-than-optimum modifications. If I had a machine shop I would remake the dry washer and make it superior to all dry washers in the $800 price range currently on the market: something Keene Engineering damn well ought to do themselves, if only they were interested in making a quality product (QUALITY: conforming to requirements, on time).

I would like to sit down with Mark Keene at his manufacturing facility in Chatsworth and show him what the flaws are and how to fix them. Some one needs to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread