Lucky Gator

May 10, 2013
Montana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got my membership to the GPAA, and found out there is a mine that is less than 10 minutes from my house that I now have access to, how cool is that. The area was a pretty good gold bearing area, but it looks like I will be doing a lot of dry washing. I am new to prospecting in general and dry washing will be a completely new endeavor for me, any advice? I have my Garrett pans, and I have a rock crusher on the way for crushing quartz from another area I have been working.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no advice, but cool:thumbsup:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lucky,
What type and how big if a drywasher are you using? I use the larger gold buddy blower type drywasher. I run it kind of flat so the material has enough time to drop the gold out. Also the material you run must be as dry as a popcorn fart. After you run it once run it a second time. Especially if there is any moisture at all in the dirt. Sometimes a third run is called for. Each run dries the dirt a little more. Do a clean up after each run. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

OP
OP
L

Lucky Gator

May 10, 2013
Montana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, it helps a lot!
Hi Lucky,
What type and how big if a drywasher are you using? I use the larger gold buddy blower type drywasher. I run it kind of flat so the material has enough time to drop the gold out. Also the material you run must be as dry as a popcorn fart. After you run it once run it a second time. Especially if there is any moisture at all in the dirt. Sometimes a third run is called for. Each run dries the dirt a little more. Do a clean up after each run. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread