Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am about half done building mine.
Looking for work( a job) so I have yo be on the cheap right now.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quality of your equipment predicates your take. Old school puffer has lousy recovery and MUCH work beyond imagination. Kudos for your strong back but if possible upgrade to constant flow elliptical throw make the grade-John

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quality of your equipment predicates your take. Old school puffer has lousy recovery and MUCH work beyond imagination. Kudos for your strong back but if possible upgrade to constant flow elliptical throw make the grade-John

thanks for the kudos.

Didn't mean to get bent with you Hoser, just dealing with the Chinese claiming all the good workings and now the closing of the Dale?
I get a little heated, just trying to hold on to the very last days of a dying way of life.

Herb............

Last edited:

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you

We use the power machines with a bobcat and get 5 grains a bucket (bobcat) + 120 buckets = 500 grains a day= Just over an ounce . 3 gal of fuel a day and 3 yards an hour.

I am glad that you have figured out your method. Have fun, but if you post on a forum expect the bs.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you

We use the power machines with a bobcat and get 5 grains a bucket (bobcat) + 120 buckets = 500 grains a day= Just over an ounce . 3 gal of fuel a day and 3 yards an hour.

I am glad that you have figured out your method. Have fun, but if you post on a forum expect the bs.

Sounds like you do well glad someones getting ounces........

Last edited:

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job sticking it out in the heat !! that looked brutal !:notworthy:

boulder dash

Aug 28, 2006
You dudes need to set up some shade. A 10 x 10 gazebo works wonders. Add a sheet to one to two walls and will be good times.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You are right. I am building mine from the plans of Otto Lynch. Book is "Finding Gold in the desert".
I had a person just give me a crevace vac.
So I can go either puffer, or blower.
Not that far yet.
Have frame,hopper, and riffles built.
Plus lower frame work for either.
If I go puffer,I am going to use a small 12volt motor, with a small battery,or 2-3 small kids power wheels batterys, and a small solar panel.
I went to solar install school in 2011.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread