Keene 151

Kingclean

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it really is lightly used then yes, that is a great deal. That's less than I payed for my tiny one man drywasher, i think the Keene can take about four people shoveling into it as fast as they can no problem. That 151 is a friggin monster

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that is a very good deal. I just bought a Keene 151 for $500.00 (guy was asking $600.00) and it has a brand new Honda on it and the total unit looks new. The guy blew the Briggs the first day out and he had a new Honda put on it then decided he would not dry wash. I am going to sell my new Gold Buddy dry washer with an Echo blower for around $300.00. Going to post it on Craigs list Phoenix Az as I leave this thread.

Bejay

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha blew a briggs first day-no oil is the only answer-I had this happen a dozen times in the day from my store. Tag on engine 2 places-shipped minus oil-plus told verbally and written on receipts and they still show up going lousy briggs hahaha. I have'm with 10s a 1000s a hours and NEVER a bad day -treat'm good and rule the day. Another HUGE mistake is MULTI-VISCOSITY oil---no no no as 99% of the time 30 weight only as multi burns'm up but there again-who me read the manual :BangHead:-John

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The auto oil shut of is a thing of beauty. I have not checked but I would imagine the new Briggs have an auto oil shut off now. In the car industry and the small engine industry it took the foreign manufacturers to get the ball rolling down a path of "BETTER"....and now the US is hitting the mark. IMHO

Bejay

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never thought I'd see the day Briggs would be made in China

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought I'd see the day Briggs would be made in China

Remember the old days when we laughed about anything made in Japan... I guess it's called economic survival.. at least mine doesn't have a "use by" date on it ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread