Wanted keene 151 or keene 140 with blower

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Alex,
Haven't heard from you for some time. Out of school yet? I'll tell you what, for such a young fella go with the larger gold buddy or the royal. They are basically the same machine and alot less expensive to start out with. The 151 is a monster to be worked up to. Start smaller to see if you will even like drywashing. It's not for everyone.

BH Prospector

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi. Sorry about not posting. Not done with school yet. We went out with dizzys friend that passed away. He is the reason me and my dad want a drywasher. How are you doing? I'm allowed to read but mom doesn't always let me post just so you know.

Alex

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alex I have to agree with BHP. Your young and sure don't want to be toting a beast of a machine at your age (10 or 11) I have the big Royal and it will move the dirt.

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is my dad who wants the 151. I would be happy with a royal drywasher. How are you doing?

Alex

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing good my young friend. Started a GPAA chapter here this January. Was asked by a friend to help form it and ended up being president. Keeps me busy. Hope you get your drywasher and good luck!

BH Prospector

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 151 is rather bulky..but like dredges, etc...size matters when it comes to production..It's always important to consider how hard you're willing to work, whether you can handle it physically or economically, and the quality..

I've never used a Royal but I've heard it's quality equipment..I have an old wooden bellows drywasher I really enjoy using for testing and for hard to get to spots...just decided what best fits your purpose and pocket book..Good luck and keep it fun..

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is my dad who wants the 151. I would be happy with a royal drywasher. How are you doing?

Alex

Hi Alex,

I am doing ok considering the injuries. Have you been putting the classifiers to work? Hope all is well with you and family...

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keene 140 can handle everything 2 men can throw at it. Light weight, reliable, proven machine. Forget the rest, go with the best. You won't be disappointed. Dennis

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the electrostatic benefit of the 151.. I don't have to clean it out as often and it does a better job of drying out the material.. I never have to run it above idle and it is quieter than the 140 I used once.. Plus, I have lots of help and room to haul it..IMHO.. the same thing is true of all motorized drywashers.. if you are not feeding it, shut it off so you don't blow out the cons....

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread