getting better recovery on keene 151 - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: getting better recovery on keene 151

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Prospector

Jun 2014
    San Diego, Ca.
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    I have found that you cannot level a drywasher using a level. Most importantly is to watch how the dirt is flowing over the riffles and out the end. If you level it dirt will run down one side. Also 15 degrees on the riffle box appears to be the optimum angle, but this is going to vary on motor speed, flow rate, size of material, etc. Just my two cents...
    Is this pertaining to your Royal Drywasher?

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2188 times
    Prospecting
    Yes it is Mike. I believe I replied to you regarding leveling your Royal, but I have seen this with other drywashers as well.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Mar 2014
    western us
    minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
    52 times
    the level on the sluice needs to be attached after you have run some dirt and can see that the flow is even across the sluice (from side to side). the level on the hopper needs to be attached when the rocks just begin to slide off the screen.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2188 times
    Prospecting
    Personally I do not see a need to have any levels attached to the drywasher... Again just a visual will tell the user what needs to be done.
    azblackbird and DizzyDigger like this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Mar 2014
    western us
    52 times
    having a level on there just make's it quicker and easier to be in the ball park to make the small adjustments that are needed during the run.

us
    Sep 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    TDI Pro, GMT
    313 times
    Prospecting
    Personally I do not see a need to have any levels attached to the drywasher... Again just a visual will tell the user what needs to be done.
    Ditto… way much easier just to eye ball it and start running dirt. You'll know within the first couple buckets of material where you need to be.
    Mineralquest likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Morristown, AZ
    Gold Bug Pro
    232 times
    Prospecting
    prospect007 thanks for the info. I am having trouble visualizing the mod listed as #7 in your first post. Can you post a photo or clarify what you mean there for me? Thanks,

Mar 2014
    western us
    52 times
    for some reason i'm unable to post pic's, but if your looking at the back of the hopper where the dirt comes out the bottom. if you cut the back of the hopper straight across, making a larger opening, then make a slide plate (gate) and screw it to the back of the hopper. now there is adjustment. when I run classified material I close the gate for a more controlled dirt flow. if I run bank run dirt (unclassified) I open the slide gate for better flow. the bottom slide gate I usually set even with the back of the hopper, unless i'm running classified material. hope this helps.

us

Sep 2012
    2188 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by prospect007 View Post
    for some reason i'm unable to post pic's, but if your looking at the back of the hopper where the dirt comes out the bottom. if you cut the back of the hopper straight across, making a larger opening, then make a slide plate (gate) and screw it to the back of the hopper. now there is adjustment. when I run classified material I close the gate for a more controlled dirt flow. if I run bank run dirt (unclassified) I open the slide gate for better flow. the bottom slide gate I usually set even with the back of the hopper, unless i'm running classified material. hope this helps.
    Never seen the bottom of the 151 but most drywashers I have seen have this gate that slides with two thumb nuts to control the flow. How does Keene control the flow?

us
    Sep 2013
    Morristown, AZ
    Gold Bug Pro
    232 times
    Prospecting

Never seen the bottom of the 151 but most drywashers I have seen have this gate that slides with two thumb nuts to control the flow. How does Keene control the flow?
    the same Keith. Trying to figure out if the cut is on the v bottom or where.

Mar 2014
    western us
    52 times
    keene controls the flow rate from the bottom, which plugs up all the time so you end up banging on the side to get the dirt to come out. but if you cut out the back of the hopper this fixs the problem. gold king comes out the back. most puffers that I've seen come out the back.

Mar 2014
    western us
    52 times
    slnugget, the cut is to the back of the hopper.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10705 times
    Prospecting
    Sure would love to see a pic of this mod.
    AzViper likes this.

us
    Ron

Dec 2013
    Pueblo, Co.
    gold bug pro gold bug 2
    Hey Kevin, not sure if you know Urbanminer a CGC member here in Colorado but he has an open invite twice a year to go to New Mexico to dry wash. I started going with them about 4 yrs ago and I really learned a lot about dry washing. I really fell in love with dry washing because it is simple to set up and go. If you can ever make the trip you need to go you won't be sorry there is just a few of us that go but you will learn a lot about dry washing by the weeks end. The guys that go are super to be with. I'm in Pueblo by the way. Ron

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10705 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Ron, nice to "meet" you! Yes, Marc is a great guy, I've dug with him a few times over the last few years and have dreamed of going Drywashing on one of his trips. That WOULD be a great way to learn fast...better start talking it up with my wife now! Thanks for the idea and maybe we will get to meet in person this way

Update: wife says its a great idea!
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Sep 21, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links