Altenative to drywashing?

ALEX LOPEZ

Oct 1, 2003
Chihuahua Mexico
Detector(s) used
SOVEREIGN GT, Master hunter Garret, whites GMT MODDED ,Golbug 2 MODDED, MINELAB GP3000, FALCON MD20, MINELAB GPX4500
Hi, It would be possible that with a EARTHQUAKE Vibrating Bucket Classifier and a all set of clasifier screens could be Eliminate the drywashing?

Maybe using a mini recirculating highbanker to clean the material of the 1/100 mesh screen.

Im looking micron gold.

best regards ALex

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recirculating water instead of D/Wing has been tried again and again. It is always better to work wet than dry.That being said....You need a LOT of water and clay-be -gone. and eventually it just becomes like grout. PITA

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My idea is to use a Pyramid Pan in a trough long and deep enough to operate one in. You probably need 50 or so gallons of water to fill the trough and keep it full for the day since you would have to clean the waste material out of the trough periodically and in so doing you would be losing some water. I would probably pre screen the feed to 1/2". I doubt dirty water would be much of an issue and you can run a lot of material if your arms and back hold up. Good luck.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran a Gold Buddy high banker with a split lengthwise blue plastic barrel with good results. Had it set up so the half with the highbanker drained into the other half through the bung hole and the pump in the far end of the bottom one. Most of the mud stayed in the upper half. Carried 6 ten gallon water jugs and hardly ever used all 6 in a day. Oh, forgot stuck the handle of a dollar store strainer in the bunghole so the water drained through the strainer. Kept a lot of the crud out of the bottom one & the pump. Cheap easy set up & if you're am old fart like me you can carry the whole outfit in two trips, one if you've got a cart.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
are ya asking run the Earthquake dry ? then process wet

OP
OP
A

ALEX LOPEZ

Oct 1, 2003
Chihuahua Mexico
Detector(s) used
SOVEREIGN GT, Master hunter Garret, whites GMT MODDED ,Golbug 2 MODDED, MINELAB GP3000, FALCON MD20, MINELAB GPX4500
Yes, runs dry with the Earthquake , then with the material of the 1/100 mesh process wet in a mini or medium recirculating highbanker

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HO, if sampling shows small gold and your taken the cons home for process, by all means do it. I for one don't do wet out in the field any more, just enough for sample panning can't bring in enough water, run a recirculation system, you just build up a sludge even with two half barrels to filter out the water and it's to dam precious

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time in the field is very precious. Setting up ,taking down, fine tuning ,tweeking all takes alot of time.There are guys I know that have their setup down pat, but until then you could have D/Wed alot of material. Good luck

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
If you're running a blower drywasher you are getting a decent percentage of the gold and no need to go to wet processing. If you're using a bellows drywasher like I do occasionally you are losing half your gold and should consider a good wet processing system. I bought a PVC 50 gallon agriculture flat bottomed tank that fits nicely with the back seat removed in my Grand Cherokee. Have it fitted with a hose adapter too. I the the Angus MacKirk "Dry Gulch" high banker that has the top half covered with the Keene Miracle Matting. The end of the sluice feeds into a 5 gallon bucket that has a 3" pipe toward the top plus a office trash can that just happens to be made of -8 mesh. So the wire mesh trash can inside the 5 gallon keeps the tailings but allows the water and silt to go through the 3" pipe into the large cement mixing black plastic tub. At the opposite end of the tub I have a wire mesh basket sitting up off the bottom on a couple bricks and the water pump sits in the little wire basket. I can run 10-2 gallon plastic paint buckets of -1/2" before having to empty the water. I use sodium silicate in the water which I buy by the gallon (cheaper than clay be gone) and is a great flocculant. Tried using Alum and not so good a flocculant and see why the pool supply stores stopped stocking it.

P.S. If you're drywashing in the desert with the heavy clay content don't even think of wet processing as you won't get far till all it's clogged up! If all you've got is a bellows drywasher in the desert run the tailings twice and be sure to empty the tray before running the tailings a second time.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2923.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions