gold churn 2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! What a concept! I saw your video but, out of courtesy, I will let you post it unless someone else does first. I hope, for your sake, that you now have it patented. Good luck!

PS I can see this being used with water too with some modifications.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Selling Spam?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like it would zap spam:laughing9:
similar principle using the gold magic dry, only this little unit would help in grinding up the fine gold caught up in the clumps of dirt. arizau hit on an idea using wet, would be great on the sticky gray clay

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting concept just like my old cement mixer for concentrating but extreme amount of welding and fab work. Wish ya luck with further refinements. Looks nice with big nuggets but add black sands and fine gold to really see what needs tweaking. Nice fab job, very clean. John

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the Australian (?) forum where he first introduced the gold churn and the followup comments. (deleted by mod)
I too am looking forward to some field test results showing how well it concentrates the fine gold and other heavies. Care to comment Jack outbush?
Signed: Not a spammer

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the Australian (?) forum where he first introduced the gold churn and the followup comments. (deleted by mod)
I too am looking forward to some field test results showing how well it concentrates the fine gold and other heavies. Care to comment Jack outbush?
Signed: Not a spammer
Sorry but we do not allow links to competitive Treasure Forums....

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the positive comments Guys .
Although the unit in the video works well ' we are building a better model that will process material faster & be much more efficient retaining ALL the fine gold . :thumbsup:

Jack .

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the positive comments Guys .
Although the unit in the video works well ' we are building a better model that will process material faster & be much more efficient retaining ALL the fine gold . :thumbsup:

Jack .

I will not claim credit for this idea as I saw it elsewhere, but, have you considered putting vanes in the classifier section also in order to clear the oversize when you reverse the action rather than having to remove the classifier and dump it?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Although I have not seen the video I suspect its not much different than these videos with the exception that they are powered and not as portable but can move a whole lot more material...

THE GOLD DRUM

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will not claim credit for this idea as I saw it elsewhere, but, have you considered putting vanes in the classifier section also in order to clear the oversize when you reverse the action rather than having to remove the classifier and dump it?

Hi Arizau , I did try that will an earlier model but could not get it to dump out ' even built a cone shaped classifier but that also didn't perform .

jack .

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Although I have not seen the video I suspect its not much different than these videos with the exception that they are powered and not as portable but can move a whole lot more material...

Hello AzViper ,
First off I like these words you use :- “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not

I built a unit similar to the gold drum long ago & posted the design on an Australian forum ( date would be there ) , this is it below :-
008 (800x600).jpg
003 (800x600).jpg

I tested this unit & found it lost fine gold , I tried a sweep back chain ( second photo ) still the same problem ' that's when I started to design another unit to see if it could be possible for a dry unit to perform close to the best wet high bankers regarding fine gold retention .

As I said before ' the next build will do it all Dry .

Regards
Jack .

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hello AzViper ,
First off I like these words you use :- “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not

I built a unit similar to the gold drum long ago & posted the design on an Australian forum ( date would be there ) , this is it below :-
View attachment 1070262
View attachment 1070263

I tested this unit & found it lost fine gold , I tried a sweep back chain ( second photo ) still the same problem ' that's when I started to design another unit to see if it could be possible for a dry unit to perform close to the best wet high bankers regarding fine gold retention .

As I said before ' the next build will do it all Dry .

Regards
Jack .

Never used one or built one, but I would imagine the angle, speed, and depth of the drum plays a huge part in how the heavies stay in the the drum. I can see how improvements would make the Gold Drum a useful tool in the field though.

OP
OP
J

jack outbush

Oct 19, 2014
Desert in Australia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never used one or built one, but I would imagine the angle, speed, and depth of the drum plays a huge part in how the heavies stay in the the drum. I can see how improvements would make the Gold Drum a useful tool in the field though.

The problem with cement mixers when used Dry is they throw out fine gold , took me a while to figure out why :icon_scratch:
Because the bowl is round the material slides as it's turning ( the gearing is also to fast ) stratification is just to slow ' so as it fills & starts to empty the top strata layers still contain fines .

The Gold Churn shape & internal design overcomes that problem , any gold quickly drops deep allowing the bulk of the lights to be discharged without loss .

I like your Vac/blower , would work well with the Churn .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread