Help. Looking For Drywasher

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am looking for a used drywasher posted this in wanted ad on this site but no luck. New units are pricey just wondering if someone was looking to sell a unit. I am in So Cal let me know if you have one you may be interested in selling, sorry if I should not have posted here. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

adsway01

Greenie
Aug 20, 2013
Burbank, CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's Surf Dual Field PI, Falcon MD20, Keene highbanker/dredge, Royal Drywasher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try Craig's list. I just picked up a sweet Royal DW'er and a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton/ Keene blower for $500 yesterday. I saw another ad for a DW and blower for $350 which looked interesting in So Cal.

OP
OP
T

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for that I see them but alot of them look home made like the desert sky prospecting DWer for 250 or so any ideas on these. He advertises on craigslist in the Inland Empire

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Try Dizzy, You can't go wrong with the Royal DW's

Thanks Keith, but that small Royal was sold a couple months
back. My oops, as I shoulda noted it in the ad. Fixed now.

Titan: Guys like us that are short on cash just have to be
patient. Keep checking Craiglist and other on-line sources
and one is sure to pop up sooner or later. You might also
contact the prospecting clubs in your area and find out
if any of their members has one to sell.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As Dizz says, join a club and ask around. You'll either find a machine to buy or a new friend who owns one and will go digging with you :)
...like me if you were here in Denver!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Titan , be patient and keep looking. CL and the Recycler , something will turn up

OP
OP
T

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the advice from all of you the site has been great tons of info but as with any new hobby the prices add up quick. I am an avid hunter and fisherman and that is not cheap either. I wish I had a money tree in the backyard LOL. Thanks again but let me know if you run across a good deal.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know T . And sometimes having a job can be a major distraction from hunting, fishing and gold mining. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. G/L

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just how much are you wanting too spend? new keene dry washers go for @$1600, royals are a bit cheaper, but not by much. dry washing's not cheap or easy. try an auction maybe? good luck.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just how much are you wanting too spend? new keene dry washers go for @$1600, royals are a bit cheaper, but not by much. dry washing's not cheap or easy. try an auction maybe? good luck.

Not sure where you got your info. Royal top of the line is $1600.00. Royal has the smaller DW for $349.00.

ROYAL DRYWASHERS

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA gold show coming to Pomona soon, walk the aisles booth to booth and put out the word your looking for a good used drywasher set up. Someone will know of some guy who tried it once and hated it.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am looking for a used drywasher posted this in wanted ad on this site but no luck. New units are pricey just wondering if someone was looking to sell a unit. I am in So Cal let me know if you have one you may be interested in selling, sorry if I should not have posted here. Thanks in advance

Many years ago (16 I suppose) I bought a Keene DW212V (US$850) and it was a good product. It was promptly stolen from my brother's garage, and I built my own for a fraction of the cost. My brother felt badly about the theft so a few years ago he bought two DW212V units, and they are both CRAP. I have no idea what happened at Keene Engineering, but their dry washer model DW212V is no good any more, and I wish my brother had not bought one, let alone two.

I have one of the two newer ones, which my brother bought, and I have added modifications to make the dry washer better. Without the modifications the DW212V is very much not worth US$850. With the modifications it might be worth $400 or so.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T., Sam Radding's books on making your own gold mining equipment. He has a few plans on D/Ws. Also there are plans available online. G/L buddy

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There seem to be few dry washers that are both #1 affordable and #2 worth the cost. At the moment I am working on improving the durability and functionality of the Keene 140 by modifying key parts. Ideally the best solution is to build one. There are good plans available on the 'net, but many that I have seen are overly complicated. I'll draw plans for a build and post them here.

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all keene dry washers need modified!!! the engineers design the machines they do NOT use them to see if the work properly. if they knew the way dirt moves through a hopper and sluice they would redesign them so the dirt would flow properly and gold would not travel down the SIDES of the sluice.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
all keene dry washers need modified!!! the engineers design the machines they do NOT use them to see if the work properly. if they knew the way dirt moves through a hopper and sluice they would redesign them so the dirt would flow properly and gold would not travel down the SIDES of the sluice.

I'm inclined to agree. :-) Nor would I have fixed the classifier on to the device with pop-rivets : I would make it removable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread