gold buddy question

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking at getting a gold buddy drywasher either the pony or maverick. The biggest reason is for the price. Any info on these units how do you guys like them or is there a better choice for the price range of 350 - 400. There will be anywhere from 2 - 4 people shoveling at a time. Thanks for the help.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
save a little money, try craigslist, for a washer and ya can build a blower for around $100 not that over rated crap in AZ, you don't need a corvette when a VW will do the job much better

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the small gold buddy, it does ok. Asked for advice on this sight on best one to buy and most suggestions pointed to the royal drywasher. However, I choose the keene. The keene did its job, after moving several yards on the 1st outing, the cloth needs to be replaced already. The gold buddy I've used several times, found gold and won't have to worry about this issue. I wish I would have bought a royal drywasher. They didn't accept pay pal, my choice of payment at the time. Had them on ebay for $10 cheaper than the keene, so I elected for the keene. If u can afford a royal, get a royal. I've seen them in prospecting stores, and they look very solid. I wish I had listened to the gentleman that had suggested a royal to me. I assumed the keene name, had to be a far superior recovery system because of its claims. No bad reviews on keene other than their cloth material. Same mechanics and design as the others. That being said...I'd go royal and if finances don't allow, you'll do fine with a gold buddy, but will probably end up buying the royal in the long run, unless u find a cure for,the fever!!!

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My keene took everything I could send its way with 2 people sometimes 3. My gold buddy burnt up one of my blowers. They will get the job done, but the life expectancy of your blower my be shortened. Can't complain to much though... I am using a leaf blower for something different than its manufactured purpose!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions